*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/689919-Fantastic-Ida
by Liz
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #689919
This started as an English assignment. It ended as a very long interesting story.
You are just waking up when your strange day begins. You yawn sleepily, and slowly stand up. Strange thing is, nobody's home. Hmmm. Well, dad's at work and mom's probably taking the little kids to daycare. You look at the clock. That's funny, it stopped. This is an electric clock. You turn on the lights. They work, so the electricity isn't out. Weird.
"Ida," you hear a small voice calling. "Ida, look under your bed."
"Where is everybody?" you reply.
"Ida, look under your bed," the voice repeats.
"Oh, all right," you sigh. You lift up the sheets, look under the bed and see a small man no taller than a pencil looking up at you. But, he was no ordinary man even for being so small. He had blue skin and bright green hair. From what you could see his eyes were as green as his hair, and seemed to be glowing.
"Ahhh!" You exclaim as you fall over, doing a somersault in midair, and landing on your back.
"Earthlings are always doing silly things," the strange little man said with amusement in his voice.
"Who are you?" You ask as you get on your knees rubbing you head.
"I'm Keetchang-lampa Wokmoe Kla." He said with the strangest accent you've ever heard.
"Okay, uhh. I didn't really get that," you say trying to figure out what in the world he just said. "What're you doing in my room anyway, Keecang lapkla?"
"Actually, just call me Keetch. I'm in your room to tell you that a race of aliens called the Qixoyer has captured your family." Keetch said very seriously.
"What? Are you serious? You've got to be kidding! You are kidding, aren't you?" You say, thinking this is some prank your friends are putting on you.
"What is kidding?" Keetch asked pulling what look liked a tiny dictionary out of his pocket.
"Nevermind," you say trying to think of how he got into your room in the first place.
"Come with me, quickly. Open your bedroom door so we can get started." Keetch said as he walked over to the door.
You go over to the door and open the door. Outside the door is what looked like a miniature spacecraft.
Keetch went over and climbed in. Somehow you were still able to hear through the spaceship's walls as clearly as if he was standing next to you talking.
"Carry me downstairs and put me on the grass behind your house," Keetch said in rather a hurry. You automatically obey. When you get to the stairs you hop down them three at a time.
"Ida, do you get airsick?" Keetch asked when she put him down in the backyard.
"I don't know. I've never been on an airplane before." You say trying to figure out why he asked that.
"Well, I guess we'll find out soon," Keetch said as he pushed a button on the dashboard in the spaceship.
You soon got a tingling sensation all over your body. You look back at your house and it suddenly looks like it is growing. Maybe it's because you're still tired. But, when you look back at the spaceship you see it it taller than you are.
"Huhhh?" You ask as the spacecraft is soon towering over you.
A rope ladder came out of the top of the ship. You climb up very confused.
"Strap yourself in," Keetch said indicating a chair behind him. You sit down and put the straps around you. They seem to go wrap themselves around you to fit just right. That's strange. The chair you are sitting in is very comfortable. It is made of material that you've never seen before. It feels smoother than silk and softer than mink. It is the color of the darkest blue from one angle, but from another angle it is as purple as a freshly bloomed lilac.
"Ready for blast off?" Keetch asks, not waiting for an answer they lift up into space. You see the Earth growing smaller and smaller out of the window.
"Where are we going?" You manage to ask as you fly past Jupiter.
"We are going to rescue your family from the Qixoyer. They are located on the planet Qix, in the galaxy Xylmer. Qix is the fifth planet from the eight suns." Keetch said as though a kindergartener should know this.
You have tons of questions floating around in your head. But you don't know where to start. You decide to ask, "How fast are we going?"
"10 times faster than the speed of light. Very slow in my opinion, but with an Earthling aboard i can't risk going any faster." Was Keetch's reply. "I can take this ship must faster, it can go up to 300 times the speed of light."
You were about to ask Keetch some more questions when he starts talking in a different language. You realize he's talking on some sort of radio.
"Good news, we've located your family in the Qixoyer Capital Building," Keetch said as though this was the best news in the world. Seeing the look on your face he said, "You probably want to know why they took your family." You nodded. "They took your family because of you. You are the only one who can save your world. They didn't know which one of the people in your family was the special one. I'm not sure why they didn't take you in the first place. I'm guessing because you were in such a deep sleep they couldn't detect you," Said Keetch.
You didn't know what to say. You just look out the window at all the planets and stars flying by. How could you be able to save your planet? What did Earth need saving from anyway? You were about to ask when you land on a planet.
You and Keetch climb out of the spaceship. You are still only five inches tall, so everything around you looks way bigger than it actually is.
Keetch pulls a small device out of his pocket. When he pushes the button on it you get that tingling sensation all over you again. Both you and Keetch start to grow. You look down at yourself and realize you're back to being five feet tall. Keetch is now six feet tall. You take a good look at his eyes which you've been dying to get a good look at. They are just as bright green as his hair. You realize they are glowing.
"Stay close and take this," Keetch said handing you what looks like a water gun. Keetch bends over and picks up his ship, which is still small. He sticks it in his coat pocket and starts walking. You have a hard time keeping up with his quick pace while trying to see the scenery on this planet. All the plants seem to be a purplish blue, the sky is bright orange, and the water in the stream a few feet away is maroon. The mountains in the many mountain ranges around you all seem to be yellow, brighter than any yellow you've ever seen.
You follow Keetch around a corner and see a huge turquoise castle up on a giant mountain. This mountain was different from the rest, it was red instead of yellow. You guess it's because of the castle being on top of it, or maybe a different type of grass growing on it.
"Why is everything so bright? How come that mountian's red instead of yellow? Why does the Earth need me to protect it? How am I supposed to save it from whatever it is?" You ask feeling much better than you did before you started asking all those questions. He ignores you.
"Your family is up there," Keetch said pointing his blue index finger toward the red mountain.
"Are you sure?" you ask as you start climbing up the mountain behind him. He doesn't answer until you reach the top.
"Yes, I'm sure. O you think i'd take an Earthling to the Qixoyer Capital Building for the fun of it?" Keetch asked thoroughly tired of all the questions.
You follow him around to the back door. There he pulls out what looks like a giant stick and touches the door. It opens for you and both of you walk in. Inside it's a large hallway. You follow Keetch through a door on your right. In that room you see your mom, dad, and little syblings. You run over and untie them.
"Why aren't there any guards?" You ask Keetch as you walk out of the castle.
"They think no one will even land on their planet because they think they're so scary. In my opinion they're just a bunch of little bunnies," Keetch said.
"Bunnies?" You little brother, Nate asked with a confused look on his face.
"I like bunnies," you other little brother, Richard said.
Your little sister, Sue said "Bunnies! Bunnies! Bunnies! Bunnies!" Sue said this over and over again until your mom put her hand over Sue's mouth and said "Do you hear that?"
A low rumbling noise was getting louder and louder.
"Quick! Everyone follow me back to the ship!" Keech yelled over the now very loud noise. It looked like a giant dust ball was coming their way. All of a sudden, the noise stopped. When the dust cleared they saw they were surrounded by little cute fluffy white bunnies. One of them hopped forward and squeaked
"You are trespassers, we will have to take you to our king." The bunnies escourted all seven of you into the back door of the castle.
When they walked in everything looked different. As they walked down the passageway it seemed that the Qixoyers were emitting light from their fur. You had a strange feeling that someone was watching you. With every step it seemed to be growing lighter. Maybe your eyes are just getting accustomed to the gloom, or maybe you are going towards light.
You reach the end of the corridor and the bunnies point with their ears which way to go. You turn down the left passageway and you hear music. You would imagine in a place like this you would be hearing the theme to a dracula movie. But, this is cheerful music. It sounds almost as though a party is going on somewhere.
Keetch signals to you to slow down. You whisper to your family to slow down as well.
When you reach a open door Keetch grabs you and pulls you inside after him. You family follows close behind. All this while the bunnies keep on hopping along without realizing you or anyone else is missing.
"Good thing they're not as bright as the Zikamos," Keetch said with a smile. "The Qixoyers won't realize we're missing until they want to present you to their king. We'll already be back on Earth safe and sound."
"Alrighty then, where do we go to get back home?" Your dad asks trying to be the brave one out of the group.
Keetch pulled a different spacecraft out of his pocket. "Since we have so many people we'll have to use this one. By the way I'm Keetchang-lampa, I mean I'm Keetch." Keetch said extending his hand to your dad.
Your dad takes it and gives a firm shake saying he couldn't believe he was shaking an alien's hand.


"Beep! Beep! Beep!" Your alarm clock is going off. Time for school. That was a strange dream you had last night.
"Ida, look under your bed. Ida, look under your bed." a small voice said.
"Uh-oh!" You think here it goes again.

THE END
© Copyright 2003 Liz (buggg_grrrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/689919-Fantastic-Ida