*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/697546-Famous-Uncle-Als
by Archie
Rated: E · Critique · Food/Cooking · #697546
Getcher Hot Ones Here!
Famous Uncle Al's

155 Granby St.
Norfolk, VA 23510


Phone: 757 625-8319




The Uncle Al's in the Hampton Roads area have always been a place to stop in, get a good, fairly-priced meal, and then get on with your shopping or get back to work. Their hot dogs are really good, and I'm not a big hot dog fan, except for Uncle Al's.

During my last visit to Famous Uncle Al's, I tried one of their NY Hot Sausages and, although it tasted good, it was not a NY Hot Sausage. It was not spicy; it was too thin, and the juice did not squirt out when I bit into it. It was just a good hot dog, period.

The slaw and fries were excellent. The slaw was fresh, and the fries crisp. My soda was self-serve, all you can drink. My root beer went well with the NY Hot . . . . OOPS, with my hot dog.

Don't let that stop you from visiting Famous Uncle Al's. Their sandwiches and side orders are good, and their prices are reasonable. Just don't get your hopes up for an authentic NY Hot Sausage. In spite of a busy lunch crowd, you still feel as if you are getting personal service.

The Famous Uncle Al's I visited in downtown Norfolk is open at 8:30 am, and they serve a pretty good breakfast menu, which includes egg sandwiches of various sorts, bagels, biscuits and toast & jelly. Just the right place to stop before you go to work if you are a downtown worker.

For lunch, you can be in and out, enjoy a good lunch, and still have time to enjoy a downtown stroll or go shopping before your lunch hour ends.

Located near MacArthur Mall, Famous Uncle Al's is an excellent alternative to the fast food places in the mall itself, if you are shopping and get hungry.

© Copyright 2003 Archie (archiew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/697546-Famous-Uncle-Als