*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/704162-My-RecomendationsFavorites
Rated: E · Article · Opinion · #704162
My personal favorites here on Writing.Com!
Over the years, I've run across some items that have stuck in my brain. So I'm transferring them from my brain to yours and hopefully you'll like them too! Every favorite I award with a yellow ribbon...eventually! (Hey, GPs don't grow on trees!)


INFORMATIVE

This author is very good at explaining things! He's also packed full of valuable information!
Sardine Sandwiches and Whales  [E]
About Points of View Featuring a Lactose Intolerant Grilled Cheese Sandwich
by ♥Hooves♥


Ever been told "show don't tell?"
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


Autism is a rapidly growing diagnosis. One author tries to see the positives.
The Advantages of Autism  [E]
Autism has its advantages! A light look at the subject from one mom's point of view.
by winklett in the woods


The US Welfare system needs an overhaul.
Dear Sir  [18+]
This was written for all of us who have troubles and sometimes need help. This is a blog.
by morelin




COMEDY

I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan, and this just cracks me up every time I read it!
The Fellowship Of The Wing  [13+]
A short parody of the Lord of the Rings
by W.D.Wilcox


This comedy is full of plays on words and dark humor. The author incorporates himself and the script, making it more funny! You have got to read it.
Hungry Ever After  [18+]
mine...all mine
by Thumbsucker


Hmmmm...Cemetary Golf...you have GOT to read this! It's great!
Golfetery  [13+]
You can take it with you.
by JonBBell


I had to flush my toilet and play the piano at the same time to find out...
Most Toilets Flush in E-Flat  [E]
“Most toilets flush in E flat”-- Musically speaking, this useless fact may have a point.
by Joy


Another sitire...
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


This one happens to be true too...keep your shirt on.
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


The title says it all...
A Man and his Beard  [13+]
This is a little comedy bit on the realationship a man has with his beard.
by Delamar Ash





FANTASY

Vampires:
 The Boredom of Existence  [13+]
The very sun seemed to mock me, refusing to offer any help.
by Inyri Kajiiren




HORROR/SCARY

This cat had quite a shock.
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor




SHORT STORIES


If you like stories with twists, you are going to love these stories by the same author. They are both delightfully surprising!
RORSCHACH AND THE REDNECK  [13+]
A psychiatrist has a shocking encounter with one of his patients.
by Donkey Hoetay

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


This one has a great twist to it. I was thinking about it for hours after I read it!
Waking Up  [13+]
a honeymoon she never planned, a life she never wanted
by Terpsichore, ubertanzen


This one I read a long time ago, and forgot to save it. I had to go searching for it. I love the ending, especially.
Two Sentences on a Postcard  [ASR]
The realization came in Austria; the turning point, in Ireland...
by Emily


This drama is one I could relate to in ways and held my attention to whole time.
The Revival  [13+]
..and God touches the sinners deeper than the saints…
by Maharani, period.


Smashing...
The Jump  [E]
A moment of time suspended in air
by W.D.Wilcox




POETRY

It takes a lot for a poem to stick in my mind. Most are so abstract, or written in a way that's so personal, I don't know what they are talking about.
This poem was one written for the Writer's Cramp Contest. It did not win, but it was my personal favorite.
Our Journey Upward  [E]
Death allows us to see the true vision of the rainbow.
by Shaara


This is another written for the Writer's Cramp, about an Irish Summer. It's absolutely beautiful and put me right there in the middle!
Sestet for an Irish Summer  [E]
Natural Ireland in mid-Summer
by deemac


Beautifully written and you can really feel what the author is expressing here.
Regrets  [ASR]
Are choices made by chance, or fate ~ an etheree written for "What's Your Line?"
by Kate - Writing & Reading


You have GOT to read this. You'll be surprised.
Complete Seduction  [13+]
Free verse poem of seduction.
by Diane


A collection of poems based on history...
Therein All the Honor Lies  [ASR]
Originally three poems, but this seemed better. What price victory?
by C. Powell


A brand new favorite describing a woman using the four seasons. It captured me!
She Is....  [E]
Poem. Compares knowing a girl to all four seasons.
by Icanterbareback


More Poetry I like:

Children in the snow  [E]
This is a poem I wrote about the first snow fall of the year
by CMCC

A Higher Call  [E]
Regardless of your politics, they deserve respect.
by Puckit33




REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE (not journals)

This is the low down from StoryMistress herself on all the sneakiness that went into StoryMaster proposing to her! This is a story you don't want to miss! I was witness to the event, and my jaw is still dropped!
I Never Saw It Coming  [13+]
Caught off guard by the one I love...
by The StoryMistress


This Novella in progress is based on truth - a soldiers experience in Iraq.
 Lost in Baghdad, a novella  [18+]
After his convoy is destroyed, Jack must survive alone.
by MadMan at Large


A good laugh at what parents go through! Simple camping trip? Never.
S'more good, clean, harmless fun.  [18+]
raising children
by SonofDrogo


Yes...I think I have...but now I have an excuse!
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor



ROMANCE/ADULT

Why don't you recommend me a read?

HISTORY

This dramatic short story will shock you and give you hope at the same time.
Black Ice  [GC]
A vet relives 31 January, 1968
by SonofDrogo


Sad but a real eye opener...
The Promise  [13+]
The distinct clickety-clack of an approaching train heralded the arrival of our destiny
by Shannon



FORUMS

This forum has weekly auctions of siggys! The prices are very reasonable, because not many people know of the forum yet. The GPs go for upgrades!
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor




JOURNALS & BLOGS

A peek at the REAL Thumbster  [18+]
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
by Thumbsucker

The White Board  [18+]
For meandering thoughts, and mindful walks...
by fyn

Life Happens  [GC]
Life happens, ready or not.
by Diane




MADLIBS

Most of the madlibs I do don't turn out right. This is one that I did that turned out incredibly funny. Maybe it was good luck on my part, or maybe it was because the author did a good job of setting it up. I recommend trying it.
Roaming Through Rivendell  [13+]
A mystical dream leaves you in Rivendell, what will happen when you wander through?
by Aiken4LOTR




IN & OUTS

I don't give ribbons on the In & Outs (sorry). The content is constantly changing. But here are a few that I have a lot of fun with.

Entertainment at its best....

What's Last is First  [18+]
Use the last word of the previous sentence to start the next sentence!
by CactuarJoe

Fortunately/Unfortunately  [13+]
Alternate optimistic/pessimistic posts
by deemac

Poetic Insanity  [13+]
Complete the previous line and enter part of a new line of poetry...
by deemac

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor




CONTESTS & ACTIVITIES

This used to be my own activity, but I have turned it over to new ownership. However, it is for sure a favorite!
Secret Pal Initiation Room  [E]
Join the group that is full of surprises and fun, one month at a time!
by Kate - Writing & Reading


I keep coming back to this contest, especially when having a case of writer's block. This contest is unique because it offers daily writing prompts!
The Writer's Cramp  [13+]
Write the best story or poem in 24 hours or less and win 10K GPs!
by Sophy


Even if you aren't into horror, this contest is one that you could enter. It gives an ordinary thing to include in your story. A nice challenge, and you have a whole month to write!
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


Another by the same member. I've been amazing by the entries.
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor



C-NOTES

 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


Natural Beauty - Variety Collection  [E]
Classy cNotes w/ Original Photography: birthday, get well, sympathy & more!
by The StoryMistress




SIG SHOPS


 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor


Elegant cNote Shoppe  [E]
Choose from 60+ cNotes - Welcome to WDC, Happy Birthday, Holidays, Just a Note, and more.
by Ladyoz





AUTHORS

There are certain authors that I consistently love to read. No matter the genre or subject - they just have something about their writings that I love. I usually can't choose a favorite work of theirs, because I like them all. I encourage you to visit their ports. You won't be disappointed.

Donkey Hoetay
Kate - Writing & Reading
C. Powell
Zoo - Salted and Roasted
*love2NaNoWriMo*
The Milkman
Colin Back on the Ghost Roads
flip8889
fyn

© Copyright 2003 Beyond the Cloud9 (cloud9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/704162-My-RecomendationsFavorites