*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/709686-Me-and-My-Shadow
Rated: E · Article · Animal · #709686
My Shadow is Super-special. She came one day out of the blue and THIS is our story!
Me and My Shadow

         Most people have a shadow. My Shadow is super-special.
         Most people's shadows will always follow them around wherever they go. Most shadows don't ever say a word. My Shadow is different because she likes to talk, a lot, and she doesn't follow me everywhere. When I go to school my Shadow stays home to play, but she doesn't really need to go to school because she's already grade A-mazing!
         Most people get their shadows the minute they're born. Mine showed up much later than that! My Shadow is not an ordinary shadow.
         She is very beautiful. She is smart and quick; and she has a tail!
         She came one night when I was still just little. My mommy opened our front door that night and -ZIP- there she was!
         She came right in and jumped up on my daddy's lap, just like that. He was suprised, really suprised! But when he looked at the soft, fuzzy, purring lump on his lap he said she could stay - for a few minutes.
         And she did.
         Then she stayed for a few hours...
         and now she has stayed for many, many years!
         My Shadow loves my whole family very much and she likes to be with us, so she follows us. Everywhere! That's why we call her our Shadow.
         Shadow has very good manners. She asks Daddy politely if she can climb into his lap, and if he says, "no" she doesn't. And she doesn't jump up onto the counters or the kitchen table - most of the time.
         My Shadow likes to lie on books and papers - just as long as you're busy trying to read them.
         She likes to say things, too; mostly she says, "Meow!", but she doesn't sound like any ordinary kitty. Nope! My Shadow's voice sounds a little bit like a rusty old hinge; to me though, it is a beautiful voice.
         My Shadow likes to sleep on my bed at night, right in the way of my feet, but I don't mind. I only mind when she tries to sleep on my pillow - right where my head is.
         I like to spend time with my Shadow. When she sits on my lap I like to pet her and hear her rumbling purrs. At those times its just me and my Shadow. She is a wonderful Shadow!
         And I love her.
© Copyright 2003 Elizabeth Rosenburg (firefly23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/709686-Me-and-My-Shadow