*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/714214-A-Candle-of-Faith
Rated: ASR · Prose · Emotional · #714214
Faith is like a candle, struggling against darkness...
 A candle burns in a desolate place. There is nothing surrounding it but darkness. The wind is persistent. Repeatedly it washes down on the candle, trying so hard to vanquish the light, to make all things dark. Again and again it unleashes its fury on the candle. The flame wavers, but will not die. As time passes, the wind grows weak and powerless. The strong fire burns brightly and pushes back the darkness.

This is an example of the life we live as Christians. Our faith is the glorious flame of the candle. The darkness around us is the world as it is today, full of sin and unholiness. The wind is an example of those who ridicule us, say we’re wrong and try so desperately to beat down our beliefs. If we can only stand strong against the onslaughts of Satan, we can burn brightly in the world, pushing back the forces of darkness and allowing the love of our Lord to shine to the world, through us. The more familiar we are with the Lord’s love, the easier it will be to stay strong against the ways of Satan. Yet if we fold, and succumb to temptation and the way of sinning, then the wind will overcome us. Satan will succeed and our glorious flame, will burn out.
© Copyright 2003 Calisto (meggy_hope at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/714214-A-Candle-of-Faith