*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/714521-Passages-Of-Sleep-Dreams-and-Life
by Dottie
Rated: ASR · Essay · Spiritual · #714521
In darkness, life is put on hold as we sleep.
PASSAGES OF SLEEP, DREAMS AND LIFE


In darkness, life is put on hold as we sleep. We dream of things that could have meaning to us. We are happy to wile anyway the night and then to wake up to face the challenges of a new day, especially with family, good friends, and those who would touch our lives in some way whether we meet them or not.

In darkness, we fight to stay awake, but sleep inevitably comes and, we twitch with fear of nightmares in our dreams. We awaken to meet the day, sometimes un-rested and with uncertainties.

In darkness, we rest in the arms of our love and dream peacefully of things that could be. We awaken well rested, and together look ahead to the day with anticipation.

In darkness, the sleep for those facing life alone could be of things that might be. It depends if their Faith is strong and whether they believe they are not alone. With or without dreams, they awaken to meet the morning and live just for that day.

In darkness, there are those who meet the night of sleep with peace and tranquility. They’re the ones who have asked for forgiveness when they had trespassed against another and likewise, forgave those who had wronged them.

In darkness, there are those who await sleep to dream or not. It is their final sleep. They do not awaken to face the day ahead on earth, but wake up to the realities of their spiritual destiny. It is their final dream of everlasting peace, or it could be the torturous unrest for which there is no exchange.

I can add more passages, but the messages are the same, so I’ll close these words with the ending of a familiar prayer. May the souls of the Faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.



-------------------------------------------------



Footnote:

But, as a writer, these passages have different meanings for me. They're spiritual and whether they can be proven right or wrong is immaterial. They're just my opinion of what we can derive from sleep, dreams and life. Many of our writers get their inspiration and ideas from their dreams, and it is true that some of us, if we are so fortunate and deserving can sleep away the last day of our lives in peace. I believe when that happens, God is so pleased with our love for Him, that He would appear and take us by the hand and personally accompany us to eternal life with Him in Heaven.





© Copyright 2003 Dottie (dillyd32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/714521-Passages-Of-Sleep-Dreams-and-Life