*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/722153-Playing-With-Fire-Intro
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Novella · Other · #722153
It will be about a painfully independent girl learning that she's meant to be alone.
         He called me princess. Perhaps that was what pulled me in. I was annoyed by men in all their charm and arrogant self import, but he intrigued me. So many things about the multi-faceted personality drew me to him, but not so close that I was unable to see him for what he really was. It was that and that alone that I cared for-the man he truly was. And after all the ways we tried to word our emotions, I find, perhaps too late, that a simple single phrase does those emotions the most justice. I adored him.

         We didn't walk into each other's lives or fall in or chance upon a passing in the street. I firmly believe that one or both of us found a keyhole to get out of our own life for a small moment in time and found ourselves blessed with the opportunity to glance into someone else's. However, neither one of us was selfless enough to be satisfied with a glance, and we snuck in upon the daily dealings of a life that should never have been tampered with. We turned the forbidden key in the heart of the robot, and what sprang forth was a light brighter, softer, and warmer than any we'd ever known. But it was candlelight, and God's breath was strong.
© Copyright 2003 Patience (patience at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/722153-Playing-With-Fire-Intro