*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/729806-Meercat-Fears
Rated: E · Essay · Animal · #729806
This was an essay for school a while back. I had fun writing it, so how is it?
As the cool blue moon meets the edge of the horizon, and the sun begins its long journey across the Asian sky. I lay curled up under a tree in a warm bed of prairie sand. While I lay there, I speculate to myself on the exciting day that lies ahead of me. I'm going to climb a tree for my very first time. Then, my pride can be proud of the dark eyed, tan furred, stripe backed meercat I am. The only problem that might create an issue for me is my fear of heights.
Later in the day, the sun reaches its highest point in the sky and two other meercats and I gather before the tree that the three of us must climb. I begin to get nervous as our families and friends join us. “What if I get stuck at the top, or I fall?” I worry to myself.

Everyone begins to encourage us, but the other two meercats that were going to climb with me, decide at the last moment to back out of the tremendously terrifying task. That's when I realize I’m in this alone!

It takes a few moments, but I gather up my courage and stay calm. I sharpen my long claws, and begin the long, tiring journey to the top of the gnarled old tree. While I clamber my way to the top, I look down and realize that any fear I once possesed of hights has dissapated!

In what seems like no time at all, my paws ran out of tree to grasp. With a start, I look around and gave a yip of excitement, because I have climbed the tree and conquered my fears! A wave of cheers reaches my small ears. I have proven to the rest of the pride that I can do what I set my mind to, and nothing can undo that wonderful feeling.
© Copyright 2003 chicadulce1616 (missa16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/729806-Meercat-Fears