*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/740501-WHY
by Dottie
Rated: ASR · Essay · Opinion · #740501
Life after death and the everlasting light.
WHY?


Written below are scattered thoughts about a subject that in my opinion comes across all our minds at one time or another. I’m no authority on life after death and related subjects pertaining to the mysteries of death and beyond. I’m not well read on the subject, since I was never an avid reader. My information and my opinions derive from what I have absorbed through movies, TV, and conversations with others. These are some of the thoughts that have invaded my mind all my life, especially when a dear one departs.

Did you ever think about what happens to you after you die? Did you know that you are the most unique person in existence? You’re the only one who knows what’s in your mind and heart, whether it is pleasurable or non-ending torture. You alone feel the happiness as well as the pain suffered in life. Sure you can share that happiness or burden with someone else, but you alone are the one affected and must pay the toll.

Did you ever have the question in your heart or on your lips as to why we must depart from this existence and never appear again leaving our family and loved ones behind? When you are well on in life, these questions flash before you often.

Is it too far fetched to believe that we can be reborn and start all over again, whether in human, animal, or insect form? If there is basis for it, I feel that the beginning of life again would be according to the way we lived our former lives, relative to our good and evil ways. It wouldn’t matter whether our lives were cut short through childbirth, sudden impact, disease, or if we were slain or committed suicide. We would traffic the earth again. Our past lives would be near enough or just under our exterior to guide us like a compass, but not near enough to reveal who we were before.

I’ve heard about people reliving experiences from another life when they were placed under hypnotism. Other than hearing about it while watching a movie, I have no way of knowing if something like this is authentic, but I want to believe it.

Then there are many who had actually died, for instance in a hospital, and then they were thrust back to life. They tell stories of out-of-body experiences and seeing a bright light. Their stories are similar, some saying they were guided through a long tunnel and they were not afraid. At the end of the tunnel, they were greeted by long dead family members. Usually, it stops there, because they are returned to the living. It was not their time to leave yet.

Still, I believe in the Christian Doctrine of my Faith. One day that inevitable event will take place. I’m talking about the Armageddon or Judgment Day when the dead as well as the living will be called upon to stand before Our Lord. He will judge us all and make room for us to live with Him in Heaven sending the evil ones who have never amended their ways and had not done penance to reside for eternity into the bowels of Hell. And all creatures in existence will be included whether they were reborn, or who have become a being for the first time.

Sunday, August 24, 2003

© Copyright 2003 Dottie (dillyd32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/740501-WHY