*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/755705-A-Letter-From-Richard
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Friendship · #755705
'Best Wishes' from Richard.
Many people are saddened to hear that my cousin, Richard, left our Writing.Com community -- especially his mom, Dottie , and I.
This is Richard's way of saying good-bye.


"To all my friends, which is everybody. I am so sorry I had to leave the website. I did not want to, but I had to. It is funny how your life can change in a blink of an eye. One moment I was thinking that I was going to sponsor Richard's One A Day Awardicons, because another author told me if I did that it would get over 500 ratings and more. Who knows? Then the next thought was to delete myself, just like that.

I was spending most of my time on Writing. Com. I was putting things off like family and friends. My two boys growing up and changing right underneath my nose while I was on this website. Instead of being worried about what was going on in their life I was worried about what was going on Writing. Com. It was my life and every thought I had. Enough was enough it had to finally end.

I am not a good writer, but the two talents I had was I could read fast and I could type fast. I am not bragging but I have yet to meet a person in my whole life that could read faster then me. Combined both talents I was able to read all the stuff I have on this website and give good detailed reviews about the item. And people knew I read every word. From anything to a Fan Fiction Novel with a lot of chapters, to a short story, to a poem. I made people feel good about item they wrote. They wanted to write more.

OK, so big deal I could read fast and I could type fast. But the things I cared most about was helping people on this website and supporting the website, and I was really proud of that. That I was able to help and support. I did what ever I could to help other authors. I was proud of the Friendship Upgrade Forum.

I loved Writing. Com, and I thought of myself as a big part of it. And I did want to stay forever.

I just want everybody to know I am OK, I am happy with deleting myself. When you think about it family does come first. I do feel free. I am spending a lot of lost time with my family. After a couple of months I will take a couple of vacations. That is something I have not done since I retired back in August of 2000. Then after the vacations I am going to get a full 40 hour a week job. I am only 46 years old hopefully I have the 2nd half of my life ahead of me to enjoy.

I am sorry, I will not be coming back. I could fall into this again, but I am not going to let that happen. I wish everybody good luck, and to the SM and the SMs success and happiness. I am also sorry I will not be around to watch Writing.Com grow and grow. I am going to miss all of you. I loved and cared about you all very much. Good- bye. Richard"
© Copyright 2003 Maryann (mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/755705-A-Letter-From-Richard