*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/757291-A-letter
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Family · #757291
A Letter to my mother.
Dear Mama,
WOW, you are finally gone to rest, you are where you have wanted to be for so many years. In the arms of the only man you have ever loved.

These last few years have been extremely difficult, all the medical problems seem to pile upon you. I watched you evolve from a graceful, vibrant lady into someone I did not know. All the depression, the despair in your eyes. The many nights you lay awake crying for your own death, crushed my soul. How many nights did I pray along with you for God to end your suffering.

Having no daughters, I stepped in and accepted the fact that it was to me to provide your care. Many people look upon this as a burden, not to me. It was my responsibility to sacrifice my life for the one person who love me unconditionally. A pure loving, compassionate soul, and people wonder why I am so forgiving. What a wonderful example you are.

As the tears assault my eyes, I am remembering your warm and tender embrace. A safe haven from life's storm. You were there through two divorces, the heartache and anguish, always supportive, never turning away. You defined motherhood without ever saying a word. You will remain the brightest star in my heavens forever.

I know I am a much better person for having you as my mother. Your love of family and the importance of the same, are just two of life's ideals that I will pass on to my children and step-children. Life will not be the same without you, but mine will not be a sad existence. I am thrilled that you are now in a much better place than I.

You are now back together with daddy after twenty long years. Your love for him is the love that I have wished for all my life. Guess what Mama!! I have it, a wonderful, caring, loving lady. I guess this may be my reward for the sacrifices I made on your behalf. I am thrice blessed, I have her, my wonderful children, and I have you. Ever guiding me, even from the spiritual realm.

In the brief time since your departure, I have had to face some trying times with my brothers, but I always think of you and remember your lesson of, Love above all else.

You rest now mama, remember, I love you. I will write again soon. Tell daddy, I love him too.


Love,
Dana
© Copyright 2003 lonewolf (lonewolf321 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/757291-A-letter