*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/760627-Letter-to-President
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Archie
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Scientific · #760627
Open Letter to President Bush regarding space exploration.
Dear President Bush:

I am concerned regarding the downgrading of our national space program over the past several years, beginning prior to your administration and continuing into it.

It is true that there have been a few tragedies and technical problems, yet this should not deter us from moving forward. Adversity should be a driving force to want us to achieve even more, not less.

So much good has come from our space program, in addition to the vital data that has been collected. We have advanced far in the fields of electronics, chemistry, environmental science, materiel science, medicine, communications and defense, to mention only a few fields benefiting from space exploration.

Please renew our national enthusiasm for the space program, giving it the same priority it had in the 60s and 70s. Let's go ahead with vigor on the space station, setting up bases on the moon, and getting a manned mission to Mars. Those are all vital to our well-being, and our national pride, and could do a lot to alleviate or even solve some of the problems we are experiencing in today's America.

I look forward to resolving current and future challenges with the spirit and determination I know our nation can muster. Under your leadership, we can easily accomplish much in the exploration of the space surrounding our planet, and in reaching farther into the solar system.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Very Respectfully,

Archie R. Whitehill
© Copyright 2003 Archie (archiew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/760627-Letter-to-President