*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/781935-Linda-I-love-you
by nek07
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #781935
This is a note to my wife about why I love her.
Linda, I love you very much. I don’t say it enough but I feel it all the time. You are like a cool breeze after a muggy stillness. You are the warmth of the sun after a chilly night. You drain uncertainties and pains away and give peace and calm and hope to all.

I watch you when you smile and see others drawn in as well. I like being around you and feel you with me always.

Lisa loves you with all her heart - that’s why she can ‘let go’ with you. Your love cannot be broken and that makes Lisa stronger.

Fatigue, illness, and circumstance can slow your body and numb your mind but you go on a path that never wavers. Everyone around you can feel it, though I wonder if you yourself sense it. You are a gift from God. Your path welcomes others and goes like branches of a tree – towards moisture, sustenance, and the light. But unlike a tree your search for light never casts shadows on those beneath or begrudges those above you.

It is, in fact, your search for light that sets you apart from others. Your search is a path that others notice and follow. It cannot be put in physical terms on paper like this – but it is a path of great consequence. Your path shines not in its direction, or ambition, or even distances covered. In fact, your path does not lie before you but within you. It is how you travel that makes you special – even if you are sitting still, standing, or sleeping as the earth turns and hurtles through space at the same time. You care and that makes you a loving and therefore lovable person. You help and that makes you a useful person of great consequence. It is not for you to judge the degree of your consequence. I, for instance, credit you not only with saving my life but also making my life happy and hopeful.
© Copyright 2003 nek07 (nek07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/781935-Linda-I-love-you