*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/782845-Two-of-me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Draft · Emotional · #782845
There are two of me
There are two of me
I take one outside
and let the other roam free when I am alone, safe from what you think and what you feel. The me you see on the street is the one I dress up and hide her from your fears. I don't want you to see her and look away or call her names. I don't want HER to have to see the ugliness that is your misunderstanding. So I keep her covered , tucked inside my coat or sleeping behinde my sunglasses. But when we get home I tear off her disguise and the two of us run around my room. We hold hands and spin and spin and spin making ourselfs dizzy with laughter while we laugh at you and what you don't know. We dance and sing and make noise like the wildest of all wild things. And when we're done we sleep in one anothers arms and dream of the day when we can be one person again. This time I will speak out in a voice so loud it fills the skies with thunder and my words fall like rain. I will rise up into the night and fly across the moon like a bird. My song will become a hurricane calling the names of the ones who rescued me from those flames and brought me back again whole and beautiful.
© Copyright 2003 dreamy_me (dreamy_me at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/782845-Two-of-me