*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/802500-Are-you-there-Son
Rated: E · Poetry · Drama · #802500
A mother looks for her son and finds him under the oak tree.
A Lilibonelle poem- using the 2nd, 3rd and 4th line in the 1st stanza, as the 1st line in the remaining stanzas.

Are you there, son?

By: Tracey Criswell Wilson


She walked the sloped, flowered covered grounds trying to find her son.

She found him resting peacefully under the elegant hundred year old oak.

It was a nice, beautiful day, with the sun shining brightly upon the glistening grass.

She heard a voice coming from under the tree, as she looked up she saw her son standing there.


She found him resting peacefully, under the elegant hundred year old oak.

It was the five-year-anniversary to the day when the grand old ship slammed into the boat.

So you see who she was looking at wasn't meant to be; her son was lost that day while he was at sea.

She felt faint, she said, "This can't be." She started to sway, she had to get off her feet.


It was a nice beautiful day, with the sun shining brightly upon the glistening grass.

She looked up to see her son still standing there, "I wanted to let you know I love you, Mom and don't be sad."

Tears ran down her cheeks, she wiped them away and smiled and said, "I love you too, Son."

She closed her eyes and felt this was a dream for this was a gift too good to be true.


She heard a voice coming from under the tree, as she looked she saw her son standing there.

She thanked God for this gift she was given as her wish was to see her son just one more time.

"Remember Mom, I'll always love you. I'm forever with you and I'll never leave you."

And with that he disappeared, but now she knew he was her own special angel with her always.


© Copyright 2004 intuey of House Lannister (intuey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/802500-Are-you-there-Son