*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/807292-An-Enterprising-Halloween
by onaya3
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #807292
Data tries trick or treating

It was 1100 hours when Picard, who stood in his quarters in his sleepwear about to turn in for the night heard the door chime. The lateness of the disturbance did not surprise him, only usually it was in the form of a communique.

He glanced at his sleepwear, then sighed, and hoped that it would be brief. When he hit the button and the doors opened with their usual *whoosh* the sight that greeted him was in no way usual.

His third in command officer, Lt. Comm. Data, was dressed as a gigantic, pink, fluffy bunny rabbit.

"Trick-or-Treat!" the pink, fluffy robotic bunny dangled a pillow case infront of him.

"Data?"

"It is Halloween sir."

"Halloween?"

"An antiquated Earth custom sir, where people dress up and celebrate Hallows Eve on October 31st."

"I see."

"Trick-or-treat!" he rattled the pillowcase before his Captain once more.

"What's this?"

"I am trick-or-treating, sir. You must give me candy, or else I will be forced to pull a trick on you."

"What kind of trick?"

"I believe it is tradition to throw a domesticated fowl's eggs upon a targeted living quarters."

"So if I don't give you some form of food that has a sweet consistancy, you will throw chicken's eggs into my quarters?!"

"That is correct, Captain. I've replicated numerous dozens..." he pulled out another bag from behind.

"Have you been doing this all evening?" the Captain took a worrying look back down the corridor, just in time to see a security team race to Lt. Dow's quarters. Lt Dow stood outside in her sleeping garments, looking like she was covered in yolk and shell and seemed very unamused. She was speaking to Lt. Worf when she turned and pointed at Data.

Data was preparing a few more eggs for his new target when Worf pulled his phaser out.

"Captain! Get down!" Worf made his aim.

"It's alright Lieutenant!" Picard raised his arm, only to be met with splaaaat....

"Captain!" Worf raced over to his commanding officer, standing in the corridoor, with egg on his face.

"It's alright Mr Worf. Lt Com Data... stand down!"

Data immediately lowered his stance and put the eggs back in their bag.

"Mr Data, about this discovering you're humanity business..."

"Yes sir?"

"Cease and desist. That's an order."




~~~~~

Star Trek: The Next Generation characters were created by Gene Roddenberry and belong to Paramount Pictures.

© Copyright 2004 onaya3 (onaya3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/807292-An-Enterprising-Halloween