*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/815680-Going-Down
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Death · #815680
Chaos raged over the ocean as the storm came down apon them
A shadow stepped silently onto the docks of Caeleon. The dusk was falling and the so the night was rising. Quiet as the grave the shadow moved onwards towards the sleek body of the ship. The letters spelling its name swirled like the waves.

Plutox

The name brought an icy smile to the bloodless lips of the ghostly shadow. The name of Death from the anciant world. His world. The world he should have been a part of.

Daeva would have to be proud of him now. Or at least after his mission was accomplished.

This was his chance to end the hunger

The decks were dark and the gental bobbing motion was hardly there anymore. A coldness seemed to sweep over the ship. People below turned over in their beds, their dreams turning to nightmares.

Not much further The Shadow thought.

Destruction ran through his veins. He needed this. He wanted this. He wanted to know that he was more than just some creature of the darkness. He wanted to be known as the darkness.

And it was that a ship with cut sails drifted out through the peaceful harbour of Caeleon. Unbeknownst to the Captain for the ship hast left its peaceful abode and a dark figure sailed the ship. Using the powers of Darkness to steer his way. Fresh blood would be at the table at the dawn. All the time a screeching sound tore the silence of the nightmarish dreams.

Stars glimmered in the night sky and the moon shone white as a ghost. It hurt his pale, bloodshot eyes. The hooded shadow pulled back its hood and revealed the face of a creature with no conscience. No feelings. No emotions but that of the darkness.

Below deck the crew stirred again. The first dream was fading. The night began to scream and howl with that dream noise, as the second nightmare began to form.

The cut sailed ship swiftly vanished fom the view of the calm harbour of Caeleon. The black creature of the chaos span silently in the night. Wind whipped up spray from the night sea. Clouds came and took over the light of the moon and stars. Sweeping through the sea coninued the great vessel. And a storm started to creep up from the Will and the Word of the darkness.

Those bloodless lips curled into a humourless smile. He would be recognised now. This was his chance. The moment to prove his worth to Daeva. A haze of the power of Chaos began to fall apon the ship. Curdling the blood of the people below. In the distance he could sense his final destination. But he had one more job to do.

The ship with cut sails slipped into perpetual night. The people of the ship into a continual sleep. Their blood and flesh and very essence would drip down the altars and the cup of Daeva would be filled with the warm wetness He so desired.
The shadow lifted its black hood. Letting the storm take control over its own. Nothing moves the shadow. The waves whip the wooden decks and spray the cut rigging. About the ship is the cruel slicing winds and above that howled the continual sceech of Chaos nightmares.


Screams as the nighmare ended reached his ears. Candles were lit in the cabins below. Footsteps as the crew ran to the decks sounded faint even to his advanced ears.

"What's going on!" A woman's cry.

He laughed and the dreadful sound sent panic into their hearts. Though they had not realised they were going down.
© Copyright 2004 Dr Matticakes Myra (dragoon362 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/815680-Going-Down