*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/816513-Elfarrians-Song
Rated: E · Novella · Fantasy · #816513
Elfarrian want to be a mage, not a scholar. He sets of into an unforgettable journey...
         In a time where wizards and witches thrived, a time where the roots of magic were as thick as a tree trunk, in a time when unicorns and dragons ran free, a tale greater than any before was born. A great darkness approached, threatening the very existence of life. An unlikely hero stumbled upon a key to the past, and magic so great that it is beyond words was unleashed. This tale was the story of Elfarrian.

***

         Elfarrian's face shined eerily in the green mage light. His expression was one of quiet disapproval. His chest rose and dropped heavily from underneath his green robe. It was all he could do to keep from shouting. But the elves were a people of tranquility. He respected that element of his heritage.
         Slowly, Elfarrian rose from the table at which he was seated and turned away. His long blond hair glistened in the light, creating an aura of power, but also of apprehension. His parents watched him as he walked into the shade of the adjacent room. They could tell some magic was afoot, but what it was, even they, the great stargazers of the Larrwian elves, could not tell.
         In his room, Elfarrian took out a small notebook, given to him by his uncle, Raflerian, who had been claimed by war. This small and insignificant artifact was his only magical possession. Its binding shone of a special magic, one that would let only him open it. Slowly, he turned the heavy, yellow-white pieces of parchment until he found a blank page. Taking his quill, he wrote:

Anwia 12, 300 Nerelight year
         My elders refuse to allow me to pursue the magics and become a mage. They tell me that I should focus on becoming a scholar. The only interest I have in my history is the stories of the great mages like Selenarria and the history behind the stepping stones of the Great Star. They say that one day a soul will walk upon the ancient stones and activate a power that will help our people. I do not believe that this could happen. No one knows where the stepping stones are. The ancient scrolls say that they should be in the town of Melasil, but no one has seen them. If only I could find the stones. Then people would believe that I was meant to be a mage. Then I would prove my future.

         Elfarrian shut the book, destroying his dream; he would never become a mage. All the mages were sent to battle the darkness that approached, and little returned. That was all his parents ever talked about; being safe. "If only they could see that I would be a good mage, maybe even save us from our doom," he thought. But he knew that that would never happen.
         Slowly each light in the dwelling dimmed to a low glow. Elfarrian lay thinking of mages, magic, and the stepping stones in those few moments between consciousness and sleep. Slowly all thoughts filtered out of his mind, and Elfarrian lay asleep, not knowing the change that the next day would bring.
         That night Elfarrian dreamed. He was in a small town square, but it was almost empty. He was looking upon a familiar monument, one depicting the stepping stones as they were described in the ancient scrolls. And then he was falling into an abyss, screaming silently...
         Elfarrian awoke with a start. He was drenched in cold sweat. Outside, the melodious hum of the leenio bugs was still playing out. The time was early. "All the better," thought Elfarrian. He would need time.
         Quickly, he gathered some items into a bag and filled the empty space with food. He was leaving. Something was going to happen. He felt the same anxiety of his parents the night before, the same invisible magic. Even his dreams had told him where to go.
         Elfarrian silently slid out the door. The air was cold, but moist. He hoped that this did not mean rain. Any obstacle was not good. He walked passed the small dwelling-domes, each with a different pattern on the front door. This would be the last time that he would get to walk the soft grass of the elf lands. Never again would he be able to go boating in the water that lay behind the settlement. But Elfarrian knew that he needed to go. he walked a short distance to Melasil, and wondered what to do next. It was obvious that his adventure was to start here, but no other clues had been given.
         Then Elfarrian laid eyes on the stepping stones monument. Each stone, roughly shaped like a star, seemed to stand out in the moonlight. They seemed to be beckoning to Elfarrian. Now, in the darkness of the night, the magical stones let out their spirit, pulling Elfarrian towards them.
         "Come, come."
         Elfarrian was less than a foot away from the awesome stones. Water was flowing between them like silver. The power of the stepping stones was strong. Elfarrian drew nearer, hardly believing his eyes. The stones were glowing the faintest bit.
         "Come, come."
         Elfarrian reached out to grasp the stones, to feel their power flow through him. It was as if the stones were a magnet. He could not even try to prevent it. Slowly, he laid his hand on the stone.
         Suddenly there was a burst of light so great that the whole Larrwian tribe could have seen it. Its bright white light illuminated even the darkest shadow. It was as if it were a power, some spell that had been charging up for all eternity. For a brief moment all felt a change, a glimpse of some hope. They felt an energy that had not been in them since before the shadows came. It was an energy that was promising.
         Then the light was smothered, and Elfarrian fell into an empty space where the stones should have been. Through one way or another, there was nothing there but a deep abyss. Elfarrian let out a scream, but no sound would come out of his dry, scared mouth. Soon Elfarrian was swallowed in the darkness that was somehow familiar.

***

         When Elfarrian awoke he was in a large dome, with a door on the farthest side. It was bolted shut. The light was scarce, except for five narrow shafts of brightness shooting down, or up as it proved to be, straight in a row. His bag was next to him.
         Elfarrian looked up. Where an empty hole should have been there was a square of earth covering the stone. Somehow the monument had reinstalled itself. "Odd. In such a short time how could anyone be able to move that heavy an object?" he asked himself. Then he realized. He had been sleeping for hours, maybe even days. But why didn't anyone come down to search for him? No, it was obvious that the stones had put themselves there.
         Now Elfarrian studied the rest of his surroundings. He seemed to be at the foot of a lake, but there were stones on the surface of it. The scene was somehow familiar, but just vaguely. Then he looked carefully at the stones. Five of them were raised. The beams of light were not coming from windows on the ceiling, but the stones. Each had a magical symbol on it. Elfarrian had no doubt about where he was. He was in the Shrine of the Great Star. Slowly Elfarrian pulled out his journal and wrote:

Anwia 13, 300 Nerelight Year
         I believe I have found the stepping stones. Where my journey leads I know not. The only thing I know is that I will be the one to unleash the stones' spirit. I hope to save the seven world cities from destruction. How, I do not know, for the stones have not revealed that to me yet. All I know is that if I cannot succeed the worst will happen. The magical orbs of the seven cities will be stolen and all the power ever concentrated on keeping the balance will be gone. Only evil power will rule.

         Elfarrian pondered on his words. They were true. Ever since the fighters of the darkness had come from out of nowhere, the magical orbs that controlled the balance between magic and daily life had been perpetually guarded. But if somehow they were stolen, that would be the end of the world as he knew it.
         Storing these dark thoughts on the shelf of his mind, Elfarrian arose and started towards the stones. He soon noticed that the five stones were roughly in the shape of stars and that they were not rock, but a silver material, flowing but hard. It seemed that all was magic in the depths of the planet's crust. He cautiously touched his foot to a stone, lest in was not solid. It was, however, firm enough to step on.
         Elfarrian stepped on the first stepping stone. Slowly a change came about the area. The darkness lifted the slightest bit. Now the second stone, and slowly the light come on less warily. Now the third stone, which was raised higher than the previous ones. However, before Elfarrian could place his foot on the stone, a small object fluttered past him. Elfarrian looked up. The walls were no longer solid marble. They were naught but a sheer curtain. He could almost make out the outdoors from inside the building. The small object was only a flutterbee. Once again, Elfarrian attempted to step on the third stone. Now, looking out Elfarrian could see a cliff right outside. The fourth stone brought down the walls of the shrine, and the fifth fetched the full light of the outdoors. The next step brought Elfarrian onto the cliff.
         Elfarrian looked about his new surroundings. The sky was a pastel blue, with one large yellow sun. Judging by its position, it was almost dusk. A dirt road in front of Elfarrian led into a forest. Elfarrian had never seen this place before, and by the looks of it nor had any other elf.
         Elfarrian, seeing no other choice, started along the road. Soon he could see the forest clearly. He did not like the looks of it. It was dark and gloomy, seeming as if it were biding its time until it could swallow up one so unfortunate as to come in. Yet the road let into the forest, not around it. Elfarrian did not know what to do.
         Suddenly something whizzed passed him. Catching sight of it, Elfarrian realized that it was a small, fat, man-like creature. It was short, wore armor as if going to war, and had fiery red facial hair that seemed to go every which way. Elfarrian approached it.
         "Hello. Inhabitant of this land, I bid you greeting. I have endured many a hardship on my journey. Would you be so kind as to give me a pointer as to where the nearest settlement is?" Elfarrian asked.
         The creature shifted his weight nervously, and spoke, "Yer an elf, right? Well anyways I'm a dwarf if that's what you were wonderin'. My name is Gellan. Anyway, ye wouldn't want ta come ta my land. There's war. Oh, we can handle the goblins nasty as they are, but the shadows..." The dwarf's voice trailed off, and he started shivering.
         Elfarrian thought on his words and then answered, "No matter. I'll still come. My people are caught in the same type of war. Maybe I could be of assistance."
         Gellan muttered something under his breath and said, "Fine. But first we'd better camp out. We'll never make it to Bordon, that's where I live, by night. I'll get some firewood. You go hunting." He then handed Elfarrian a small bow and some arrows, and headed into the woods.
         Elfarrian had only a year's experience in archery, for that was not the profession that his parents had chosen for him. However, he had progressed quite quickly and could shoot arrows with adequate speed and accuracy.
         It did not take Elfarrian long to shoot a few birds. He did not enjoy the look of dead animals, being one in tune with the earth, but his task was set. He now set out to de-feather his catch. During this un-enjoyable job, Gellan returned with a large pile of firewood.
         "Nice catch, elf. Now we'll have some good food for dinner," he said. Elfarrian did not particularly think of bird as a good food, but living in the wild had its costs. He needed to save the invigorating wafers of the elves for the journey to come.
         Despite Elfarrian's thoughts, the bird's taste was tolerable. Soon he grew less wary of Gellan and told him his tale.
         "Interesting," stated Gellan. "Very interesting. It seems like these stepping stones are a portal, really. And I also believe that you are a mage of some sort. No matter what you think, anyone who can activate the power of something like those stones of yours has to have magic. Now I'm going to sleep." The dwarf went up to a tree trunk, leaned against it, and instantly fell asleep. Elfarrian lay down on the soft green moss of the ground, preparing for a rest.
         He looked up at the large bluish stars for quite a while, thinking of all that had happened since that one fateful night. More than he had ever deemed could happen had rushed at him all in one day. Magic and mystery had somehow been entangled into his apparently routine life. Slowly Elfarrian drifted off into a deep sleep, thinking of magic and mages.
         The next day Elfarrian woke up early. Gellan was nowhere in sight. He stood up and brushed the grass off of himself. "Where could Gellan be?" he asked himself. He looked around for some clues.
         Within a short while, he found some footprints along the dirt road, leading back to the shrine. Perhaps Gellan had gone to examine it. Well, if he had, then Elfarrian was going to keep him company. It gave him the spooks being near the dark woods alone.
         Elfarrian walked along for some while, always looking for the shrine. It was odd, though. He could never seem to find it. Elfarrian did not know what to think.
         Finally he came to the cliff. He stood in amazement. There was no shrine. It had simply disappeared!
         Elfarrian heard a groan bellow him. Looking down, he could see Gellan hanging off the cliff.
         "It's OK, Elfarrian. I'll jus' die here while you notice that there's no shrine!" yelled Gellan sarcastically.
         "How long have you been hanging here?"
         "Since I walked into the shrine that wasn't there! Now get me up before I fall!" Elfarrian set to work getting a hold on Gellan. Gellan, however, was no help whatsoever.
         "I always knew you elves had no sense! I'm hangin off of a cliff and you're asking me questions?!" The dwarf was starting to panic.
         Finally Elfarrian found a way to hoist his companion up. "Now will you tell me what happened? It could be important!"
         The dwarf grumbled something and then said, "Fine, fine. I'll tell ya. I woke up before sunrise, and decided to take a stroll to get the cramps outa me. Well, I wasn't about ta go inta that forest, so I thought I might have a look at that shrine o' yours. When I get to the shrine, I see a bunch o' stones like you said. So I step on the edge of the cliff to get on to the tallest one, and the whole shrine disappears as I step onto the stone. I fell, and held on until you came along."
         Elfarrian took all this in. "Maybe," he started, "The shrine doesn't work from the outside during the day. Maybe as you stepped on it the sun came up and disabled the shrine."
         Gellan raised one eyebrow. "Right," he said, "I didn't get a word of that, but I'll let you do the note taking. Let's get back to camp and have breakfast."
         The rest of the day passed uneventful, and the adventurers made good speed. On the way, they talked about their lands and their people, but soon conversation died out. They needed to save their energy for getting to Bordon.
         Finally Elfarrian stopped. "Gellan, you may be a warrior, but I'm an elf, and we've been going on for at least four hours. I need to rest."
         Gellan sighed. "Oh, all right. We rest for an hour." The two fell asleep from exhaustion easily.

***

         When Elfarrian awoke, he was in a small chamber with a barred window and one door that was bolted shut. He could not even guess how he had been transported to this place.
         When his mind cleared, he looked over his surroundings. Stone walls so high that he could not see the top surrounded him. The floor was rough granite. There was one exit, and that was inescapable. He had been betrayed.
         Elfarrian wondered why Gellan had been so treacherous. He had seemed nice enough the night before. There was no end to the reasoning in Elfarrian's mind. On and on he argued, "Gellan didn't do this," Then, "Yes he did!" He didn't know what to think.
         Soon, however, Elfarrian's unsettling thoughts were put to ease. The door was opened, and the short figure of Gellan soon appeared outside the cell. Leading him was a creature that seemed to be naught but a cloud of darkness. The very sight of it sent a chill down Elfarrian's spine. It seemed to be the shadow of fear itself, a forewarning of what was to come. The creature lifted Gellan by the scruff of his neck and tossed him into the cell. Clank. The sound of the door locking seemed to be the sound of fate.
         Gellan got up angrily. Slowly, he lifted his head. The fiery red trademark of the dwarf had been shaved off. Elfarrian suddenly remembered that once a dwarf's hair had been shaved he was put to shame and banished from his city. A rush of gratitude and pity went through Elfarrian's bones. So many days he had spent being lonely, wishing for an adventure. Now a kindly dwarf had befriended him and showed him that real adventurers stick together. Yet he had been punished for his deed.
         Without a word the two embraced in that cell, which seemed to slowly become less ominous. They felt as if they had known each other forever. In one day the great magic of love and friendship had made it seem as if every word, every hardship they had to endure together made them friends. They would never let one fall and go on. They would be companions, adventurers, and friends.
         Breaking the almost magical silence, Gellan said, "We need to get out. There's no hope through that door, it's guarded by three of the shadows.
         Elfarrian, however, was not ready for an escape. So much had happened, yet nothing had been revealed to him. "Gellan, what happened? How were we brought here?"
         "Seems that during the night the shadows came in to invade Bordon. They were looking for a key of some sort, a book they told me. Asked me if I'd seen something of the sort. Got a red cover. Only a mage from the lineage of the sorcerer Ferlarain can open the book. They kept on muttering about some spells about the stones of balance. When they saw us they thought they'd found what they were looking for. They wanted you and probably would've killed me if they knew I had just met you." The dwarf laughed, red in the face from his long-winded speech, and then said, "Imagine that they thought you were a descendent of Ferlarain!"
         Elfarrian was silent for a while. He had a hunch that he knew where this book was. If it contained spells that had to do with the stones of balance, then the war was almost over. Life was almost over. The shadows would have complete control. Finally, he said, "Gellan, do you know where our bags are?"
         The dwarf smiled. "I bet you never knew dwarves were good thieves," he said foolishly and reached into his shirt and produced the bag Elfarrian had taken with him. "At your service," he said, bowing.
         Elfarrian took the bag and fished around, finding his journal. Slowly he opened the first page. It was shimmering the slightest bit, as if it were going to transform. But all the shimmering did was fade slightly as the words came onto the page.
         Elfarrian shut the book, or tried to. It would not shut no matter how hard he tried, and a light stronger than the sun seemed to be coming from the words inside. Elfarrian was curious, and gave up on his task, letting the pages fall open. On the page was a single name: Elfarrian. "I didn't write th--" started Elfarrian, but his words were cut off by a voice. This was not dark and mysterious like the ones Elfarrian was so used to hearing in his cage. It was one melody, sweet and dominating, holding the attention of everything within the area. It was like a spell from the past, when light reined and when power was as potent as ever.
         Now Elfarrian observed the book. The letters were glowing as if on fire. Slowly, right before the amazed eyes of the companions, the letters of Elfarrian's name rearranged. Now they spelled Raflerian. His uncle's name seemed insignificant until he remembered that he was a great mage. However, the letters once again shifted. The word slowly levitated off the parchment, suspended in mid air. The letters spelled out Ferlarain.
         Suddenly the voice ended. The book lay wide open, black pages staring up at Elfarrian. He shut it. "What do you suppose that means? Do you really believe that I am a descendant of Ferlarain?" he finally asked.
         "There's no doubt in my mind," replied a somewhat less humorous Gellan, "But who is Raflerian?"
         "Raflerian is my uncle. He gave me the book. But he was taken by the war. However, in his circumstance he was stolen right out of his dwelling. Now that I have thought on the matter, he might have had a secret. Maybe he was the one who told about the book," said Elfarrian, "But I'm no mage. I don't see how I can carry on the line of Ferlarain."
         Gellan looked surprised. Until now, his companion had had no doubts. He seemed sure on every foot of the journey. "You can be what you want to be. You aren't molded to be anyone, Elfarrian. Follow your heart," he advised.
         Now it was Elfarrian's turn to be surprised. Dwarves were known for gruffness and for having no feelings. Now, of all times however, Gellan spoke in kindness and honesty.
         This thought made Elfarrian mad that he could not help his companion nor himself. "If only we could break through these walls!" exclaimed Elfarrian, pounding the ground in fury, expecting no give. However, the strings of magic tie when they are ready, and there is no knowing when that could be. A great rumble started up, rising to a deafening roar. The ground shook mightily, and gave way. The dwarf and the elf came tumbling down into the uncharted oblivion of the enemy's land.

***

         Outside of Elfarrian's imprisonment tower lay the dark, burnt land of Warlarnia. There was never any green on the land. Deep cracks covered the had surface, which was riddled by rocks and stones. Occasionally there was a dead tree. Warlarnia was always covered by storm clouds, at the point but never bursting. In the middle of the land was a crystal taller than anything surrounding it. Fifty feet it stood, ominous and clear. Emanating from it was a power somewhat like a shield. It surrounded the circular land, and attracted all evils.
         On one side of the base of this crystal stood a castle. A shadow of a man, much like the inhabitants of his country, lived there. Such was his power that he could control free will or even physical characteristics. Now this man stood outside of his tower on a small, black balcony. The wind seemed to blow the clouds away from him revealing a black suit of armor that was glowing dully. On the ground below the sorcerer tens of thousands of goblins, trolls, shadows, and giants waited in troops for his speech.
         "My people," said the sorcerer in a great voice, "Today we march to rid the world of lowlings. It is a great battle, the battle for the world. For years we have been defeated again and again. Now I have the key to victory. The stones of balance will fall from the might of the army of Sogaur!" Then a horn sounded, and the army marched off into the distance, preparing for the battle of light and dark.

***

         Elfarrian got up. Slowly he took in his surroundings. He was in a small room. The floor was covered in hay, and the cieling and walls were stone. In the corner lay a white horse, dead by the looks of it. Elfarrian's companion, Gellan, was slowly coming to his senses.
         "Elfarrian, something bad is going to happen," he stated, "A war is starting. The last war."
         Before Elfarrian could answer, there was a soft whinny from the corner of the room. Elfarrian could now see that the horse was not dead, but badly injured. Perhaps it was close to death. He and Gellan made their way towards the animal. It was, in fact, not a horse, but a unicorn. Its mane was a soft silvery color, and its body was pure white. On its forehead stood a horn of magical ivory, the special mark of a unicorn.
         "Elfarrian," said the unicorn, "I am in debt to you, oh savior of light."
         Elfarrian was puzzled. "I have not yet taken action, though. And how do you know my name?" he asked.
         "Your dwarf friend spoke it," said the unicorn with a pained laugh, nodding at Gellan. Then the animal continued, "I am close to death. Please, let me shed my horn for your staff as a favor. You shall need all the magic you can get for the last effort." Without waiting for an answer the unicorn bowed to the ground. Shakily, it dropped its horn on the ground. For a few seconds the ivory was still. Then it writhed as if it were a snake, and when it was once again still, it was longer, with with three curved points at the top, meeting at the tips. Elfarrian had become a mage.
         The unicorn looked up now. Its power to live seemed to be draining every second. The unicorn laid down and closed its eyes. All was still, and a bittersweet happiness seemed to fill the room. For a few minutes, he stood in revered silence, mourning for such a beautiful creature. Then Elfarrian picked up the staff.
         "We must journey on," he stated, although it was an obvious fact. Finally there was an open door. He and Gellan stepped through it. Something passing on the rocks nearby was creating a din. It was the army of Sogaur. Now Elfarrian saw the vastness of it, and could not help feeling hopeless, defeated before attacked. However, he knew that he must try. He was of the blood of the great mages.
         After a few minutes the hordes of Sogaur had passed, making it safe for Gellan and Elfarrian to venture out of the room. They emerged outside in the dark of Warlarnia. The tower that they had been in was very close to the crystal, so naturally the two saw it first and ventured towards it.
         Soon a change came about Elfarrian. The book in his bag seemed to pull him forcefully towards the evil crystal. They could not stop for all their effort. Finally they got to the side of the crystal that did not have the castle on it. The book was now going berserk.
         Suddenly Elfarrian's bag tore. Out came the journal, zooming full force towards the crystal. It smashed into the surface of the hard, clear rock, but instead of falling down it stayed there, stuck onto the stone. Elfarrian went and tried to pull it off, ignorant that it was changing. Finally he gave up. Looking at the book, he saw words. Not normal words, but words of a different dialect.

***

         In the land of Elfarrian's origin, the five thousand remaining warriors of light were waiting in the Valley of Sanos. What were they waiting for? They were waiting for war. The last war, the last effort, was approaching. Some people would just as soon have waited for death.
         "Enemies approach on west side," reported a halfling scout.
         "How many?" asked a general.
         The halfling, which was short and wiry, shivered. "Twenty thousand easily. Maybe more."
         This remark was heard not, however. All that was heard was a horn sound far off. Yet however far off it was, it seemed too close.

***

         Elfarrian looked at the words on the book, making no sense of them. In his heart he felt he had failed as a hero. Panic claimed him. Elfarrian screamed in despair.
         This was not heard, however. All that was heard was a horn sound far off. Yet however quickly Elfarrian could get there, it was too far. A single tear rolled down Gellan's face as he thought of his home. A single note protruded from Elfarrian's mouth.
         The clouds hanging ominously over the land moved, seeming to make way for this new power. The darkness turned to light, and the tower seemed to melt away. All the evil creations of time were coming undone.
         Suddenly the great crystal cracked. Down it came, with the force of all its evil. Light filled the shadows. The great light seemed to fill everything. Elfarrian had discovered himself, and the mage inside of him. He was reading the book of power.

***

         The war had started. Steel clashed against steel. The sound of horses and yells filled the air. Life was not something to be hopeful of, and nor was victory.
         Suddenly all war sounds ceased. A single melody rang through the air. All stood in a trance, listening to the sound of Elfarrian's spell. War left the minds of all.
         Now the notes stopped, and battle was once again in the hearts and heads of the elves, dwarves, halflings, and everyone participating in the war. Suddenly, though, there was no one to fight against. The enemy had vanished from sight. A few claps rose from the crowd. Then some cheers, and finally the whole world seemed to be celebrating. The war was won.

***

         All that was left of Sogaur's evil dominion was himself. He stood cowering in front of Elfarrian and Gellan, his proud figure clouded by defeat. "Sogaur," said Elfarrian, "who are you and your people? Why did you seek to rule us?"
         Sogaur looked up, a smile on his face. "It's a long tale, not that I'd tell you anyway," he said in a malicious voice.
         "Then you are prepared to die?"
         There was an akward silence. "Fine, elf!" he exclaimed, spitting the word elf out like it were poison, "I'll tell you. My people were locked in the human world millions of years ago for hunting down the weak and helpless of all kinds. It was our way of survival. An guess who banished us? One of the line of Ferlarain! So, naturally, my people wanted to get back. But not before we killed every man of the line of Ferlarain! Little did we know that the slimy man who held the secret spells of his lineage gave the book to you, the one who we did not know about!" Sogaur finished, thinking hard. If he were to live, he would need to trick them. He took off his armor.
         Elfarrian drew back in surprise. For under the armor of Sogaur lay a man he knew well. His own uncle Raflerian. Just as Elfarrian was about to give in to the man, Gellan said, "Sogaur is as evil as he looks."
         Elfarrian could see that he had been tricked."Enough, Sogaur. Cloud you are now, and cloud you will stay."
         Elfarrian blew a magical spell at Sogaur. All he could do was look horrified as the great Elfarrian, banisher of evils, turned him into a puff of smoke.
         Elfarrian turned to Gellan and smiled. His task was complete. The two friends, the two companions, the two heroes walked into the distance hand in hand.
© Copyright 2004 N.I. Bogdonoff (nogo91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/816513-Elfarrians-Song