*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/816568-Abstract-Art
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Willow
Rated: E · Prose · Family · #816568
A metaphor of life and our world. From the perspective of a peice abstract art!
Abstract Art and modern work, I am. Some wish to taunt, while others hover around and over me like a holy relic to worship and river. While it is true that great art should be appreciated, great art is also to often misunderstood and interpreted. This is often the case if the creator has been long past or that if the creator cannot or dose not wish to convey the true meaning of the creation. Then again, I should say that some creation is for the sole appreciation and contentment, of the creator. The complex and colorful lines, folds, the use of materials and texture. Is it right for anyone to judge what has been created, or what the creator has made? In this place where I am, people look, stare, smile, wonder, listen to the recorded bits of text that try to describe what I am. But that cannot come to the beginning of what I am. Yes, the outside can be talked about and the ideas of the creator, but then some times the creator keeps things away from others, or more often, people want to interpret things differently then they should, that they are really trying to pull something out of nothing is a little too much. Then again, here I am a statue that is to be displayed, a work that will be loved, with a rouph and intimidating outside; at times people want to take a step back, to try and pull away from me. From a distance no one can tell what I am, what to look for or the little things. Closer walk to the side or the back, come on in and let me talk with you, let us become friends, and friends to become companions. There are those who come and visit often, sitting at the bench, in this great gallery filled with strange bits and things. They smile at the ones who are only here for the day, how can any of these day trippers truly appreciate my forms or those of the others, I cannot understand. Then again I too look at some of these members who are with me here and wonder what they think of me? I look and ponder about the colors, line, texture, that they show. What are they about? Some I too wish to recoil from or to look past, others are quiet and draw your eye in, with your feet just following unknowing. I can and at times have made truly deep and intimate friends, but then they drift off, or I am moved to a different gallery and that tends to make this whole thing start over. I am a bit of modern art, here in a gallery of like bits I should blend in, but then that is not always the case. To blend is to be the same, to not be noticed. My creator would have said that is swimming downstream with all the other fishes. But I seem at times to be the lone fish swimming upstream, to try and reach over the next wave. I may not get that wave, but then I might not make you the visitor open up your mind or accept the fact that modern or abstract, that would be better description, is truly beautiful and in need of our love and respect. I do take some time to get to know, my first impression can be a hard one to understand, but the stories I can tell the laughs we would have. But that is all up to you, who now walk past. If you do at least stop, and say hello, or why are you that way. I would say hello and welcome back. As for my construction, that is simple I was born that way. My creator had a vision and plan, now I am living that out, for good or ill. As for you please do not scold or hurt your children if they point or stair, but kindly and respectfully let them know that yes we are all created differently, but we are all the same on the inside. I can tell the same type of stories that a great bit of work by some Renessouns master. I could draw your eyes and stir your sole like the “Gates of Hell”, but that work shows the creators thoughts and his works came out of it. So to close this bit of conversation, parents try to let your children know that great art dose come in a lot of different bits, shape, color, and feelings. Some are meant to stir passion, while others to excite the mind. My hope is that you will leave this great gallery a little more understanding then when you came in. Please come back and visit, I would love to try and make you believe that I have things to share and can make you love and appreciate the forms I am.
© Copyright 2004 Willow (mp-willow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/816568-Abstract-Art