*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/820842-My-Muse-Has-Been-Acting-Funny
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Comedy · #820842
Just another day with my muse...
I gotta tell ya somethin' that happened to me today. I mean, it was so strange even I can't begin to comprehend it.


Today was one of those rare days I had off. Nothing had to be done. I didn't have to go anywhere. It was great. However, as soon as I woke up, guess who visited. My muse. My muse is male, and like any other male...he's active, to put it nicely. Sometimes, he practically jumps on me, and other days (especially whenever I allott time to write) he is aloof. Obviously, he was very active, and I have been wanting to be lazy for a very long time now.

Whenever I'm lazy, he finds ways to crawl under my skin. He makes me sing while I'm watching television, makes me talk to myself while I'm in the shower, and puts crazy dreams in my head when I'm asleep. Well, today, he seemed intent on me writing lyrics. I haven't really wanted to write lyrics...okay, that's a huge lie. I've been wanting to write lyrics for months now, but he usually doesn't inspire them. I think he's mad at me because of that, and he's driving me out of my mind with all these great hooks. However, I was entirely too lazy to do anything about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he tormented me for the next several weeks with hooks because I ignored him today.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I always obeyed him. Would he finally show himself to me (in a physical sense)? I mean, I know he's male, but that's all I really know about him. Well, that and the fact that he can be very moody. If I had to take a guess at his physical appearance, I'd say he's an average built guy that has the face of a sixteen year old. If he injects himself into my dreams like I think he does, then it would also be reasonable to think that he's a touchy fellow that wants to do more with me than just write. There's been a lot of kissing in my dreams lately. Maybe he wants to hop in the sack with me. Typical male...

So, later this afternoon, I finally surrendered to his whim and began to write. My Lord! I was right! I think it's Muse Mating Season because I never write erotica!!! He was very insistent about me finishing the piece, and boy, is it lengthy. Thirtysome KB, it looks like. Now he wants me to read it several times over. Is he trying to tell me what he looks like? Did he describe himself to me in the creation of this story? Looks like I'm finding out later. He's nagging me to write some more, and he doesn't like it when I write in this journal of mine. *sigh* Back to work writing I go...
© Copyright 2004 Elisa the Bunny Stik (soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/820842-My-Muse-Has-Been-Acting-Funny