*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/821003-Wishes-Dreams-and-Want-Tos
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Business · #821003
The first of my public admissions about what I wish to do with this life of mine
Today my horoscope on my yahoo homepage said:

"No dream is too big, nor is it ever too late to fulfill it. Today, dear Aquarius, you may find yourself thinking about your own special dreams. Perhaps you aspire to do something really great in life. Perhaps you want to pioneer something or you want to be a social figure. Whatever is in your heart can happen if you believe in yourself and work toward it. It can be hard if you've heard through the years that you can't. But don't let that stop you. If you decide you can, then you probably will."

When I read this today, February 28, 2004, I felt angry and frustrated. How dare anyone or anything encourage me to even imagine that I could possible accomplish some of the dreams I dare to dream.

My latest dream & vision:
To start a non-profit LLC (Limited Liability Corporation) that would acquire the use of acres of land to plant vegetables and herbs. This venture would serve food banks,the community, schools, the working poor, and any volunteers. It would also serve as local schools as a training ground, and even law enforcement by providing a place where Judges could order offenders to serve out their time ordered to perform Community Service for any of their non-violent criminal offenses.

Why? It is a productive way to serve society.

There could eventually be a roadside stand where produce could be sold.

Not only would the venture serve as a learning trek into planting, growing, and harvesting local food crops (potatoes, onions, cabbage, mustard greens, tomatoes, bell peppers, etc.), this public garden would teach the value, responsibilities, and personal satisfaction of involvement in other community programs such as local food banks and schools.

The public gardens could teach and preserve the values and history of the Victory Garden philosophy that our grand-parents developed during WWII.

There are days that I believe I can actually accomplish this sizable feat that I envision would eventually have a community kitchen that would teach canning and preserving techniques.

How? Money could come from Government Grants, and public donations. The land could be a tax-deductable Charity expense for individuals with large land holdings. It would definitely be a minority owned company.

The biggest expense would be in preparing the land for planting. Equipment could be leased instead of purchased. We would need a greenhouse. Then the cost of seeds or plants. I will need to check with the local Agricultural agency to see exactly what their contributions would be, but I have no doubt that ours would be a mutually beneficial relationship.

Oh, to dream! Why do I do this to myself. Just who the hell do I think I am? I will start writing a business plan, and investigating everything else that will be needed to accomplish this project. But the nameless and faceless nay sayers voices are resounding in my head as I type this.

Just once I would wish that a dream of mine could become a reality. Just once!
© Copyright 2004 The Critic (thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/821003-Wishes-Dreams-and-Want-Tos