*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/822758-Prologue-Legends
by Blaze
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Sci-fi · #822758
This is an intro to Legends (think - In every generation there is a chosen one...etc)
         “Legends and Religions; the two are almost one anyway, odd tales that probably aren’t real. Many aren’t, some on the other hand are more still. This one was never really a legend at all. Everything happened, albeit far less exaggerated, but was not what people thought, the prophecy was what was important. ‘In the time of greatest need he will rise again.’, ‘The king that was and will be’ there are many things that this could mean but in time it passed like all legends into the mists of time and became children’s stories, tales of magic and valour and no one believed the tales and time passed and they all forgot.

         Wars enveloped the world, killed millions and the few believers discarded the remnants of faith in the golden fables of glory. They ascended to the stars and continued to expand their technology breaching all barriers, spanning even into a new set of dimensions where distances and time mean nothing. Thousands of years had passed since that time and they had spread far, far away from their home and the greatest civil war ever know brought human kind to its knees. Yet he did not come.

         Now out of the ashes of humanity’s fury rises a new force, a beacon of light and a hope for the future; just in time to face a greater foe than ever before. Destiny is about to make itself manifest once again and a legend is about to be reborn.”

© Copyright 2004 Blaze (alex_00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/822758-Prologue-Legends