*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/824981-Ethan
by Koris
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Other · #824981
Note on the rating I rate it "E" they rate it "18+"
Set: Basement with a table, four chairs, a TV, and a couch. Ethan, Michael, Justin, and Ted are sitting at a table playing a game.

Ted: Ok I guess I'll throw in a five (He puts a 5 of clubs in to the out deck and moves he's guy 15 spaces)

Michael and Justin take their turns. As Ethan sits there not paying attention

Michael: Ethan put in or put down.

Ethan looks up at Michael then at his cards and sets them down.

Ethan: Hey guys… can we talk?

Ted: Yeah sure speak your mind.

Ethan starts to speak as the others listen but continue to play the game.

Ethan: Well I'm not sure if this is the right time but-

Ted: (Interrupting) Justin it's your turn. (Reaches over and hits Justin on the arm)

Justin: Dude calm down, we have all night and besides I'm paying attention to Ethan, that is I was, until your big mouth interrupted.

Ethan: No it's cool I was just rambling (He picks up his cards and the game continues).

Justin: (draws a card looks at it, pauses and smiles) Right there quest over.

Michael: Hey Ethan what were you were saying a while ago.

Ethan: What?

Michael: What were you talking about like 4 minutes ago?

Ethan: Oh…Nothing.

Justin:That’s a load crap, come on spill it.

Ethan: It’s nothing don’t worry.

Michael: Ethan, just tell us, now’s the prefect time to talk.

Ethan: How do you figure?

Justin: Because Ted is setting the next level up so he can't complain that someone is delaying the game.

Ted: The man's got a point. I mean, if you don't talk now, then interrupt the game later, I'll personally kick the crap out you.

Michael: Ethan what's on your mind.

Ethan: Okay fine, I kinda got a thing for Joey. (Every one looks at Ethan shocked.)

Justin:What?

Michael: You mean Joey? As in Joey from gym, Joey?

Ethan: (He nods his head yes)Yeah.

Ted: (Points to the door) Get the fuck out of my house queer.

Michael: Ted!

Justin: No Ted's right I ain't hangin out with a fag.

Michael: What, we've hung since third grade.

Justin: That doesn’t matter now, he's gay.

Ted: And if you're gonna side with him you can leave too.

Ethan gets up and leaves.

Michael: Yeah, hey Ethan wait up (He stands up and runs after Ethan)

Lights Fade Out
Lights Raise Setting: A school hallway, one of the lockers has a note taped to it. Michael and Ethan enter from stage right

Steve: Look it’s the queer.

Michael: Hey why don’t you leave him alo-

David: (Interrupting) Steve you better stop picking on the queer or his little friend might get mad.

Steve: Oh no I wouldn’t want that he’ll hurt himself. (Sarcastically.)

The two guys walk off stage right as they pass Ethan and Michael they knock the books out of Ethan’s and Michael’s hands

Michael: Dude why didn’t you say anything?

Ethan: What’s the point it won’t stop them.

Michael: So you can’t just roll over and die, go down with a fight.

Ethan: Yeah (Sarcastically.)

The Bell Rings.

Michael: Man I have to get to class, I’ll talk to you later.

Ethan: All right then, peace.

Ethan walks over to his locker grabs the note and begins to read it.

Lights Dim to 50%

Ted’s Voice: Hey Ethan, sorry about the other night I lost my head lets talk, meet me at the baseball field after school, Ethan.

Lights Fade Out
(b)Lights Raise Setting: Bleachers at a baseball field, Ethan is sitting in the middle with the note in his hand waiting for Ted

Ted enters from stage left

Ethan: Hey Ted, what’s up.

Ted: Not a lot, how about with you.

Ethan: Just sitting here.

Ted: Cool, Cool

Two other people enter form stage left.

Ted: I hope you don’t mind but I invited some friends.

Ethan: For what.

Ted: To kick your ass, why else do you think I’d meet you here… oh, you thought I was going to apologize for the other night. (Ethan gets up as Ted approaches) Where do you think you’re going?

Ethan runs off stage followed by the other three guys

Lights Fade Out

The sound of a bat hitting someone and a scream can be heard

Lights Raise Setting: An auditorium, students fill the rows and the principal stands at a podium.

Mr. Grassi: Everyone please quite down. As most of you know Ethan Taylor was killed yesterday by a group of young men. I would like everyone to know that we will have grief consoling in the library today any one who feels the need to talk or to call their parents can get a pass from their teacher. And I need to see the following students in my office, Ted Smith, Steve Harrison, and David Sparks. That is all; please return to your classes.

Justin: (To Michael) Hey, Michael what’s going on, why did Ted get called t Mr. Grassi’s office?

Michael: You didn’t hear, Ted is one who started the fight yesterday.

Justin: What?

Michael: Yeah Rick called and told me last night.

Mr. Grassi walks over to the two boys who are the only people still in the auditorium.

Mr. Grassi: Michael, Justin you boys can go directly to the library if you want I’ll let your teachers know.

Michael: : Thank you Mr. Grassi.

Lights Fade Out
Lights Raise Setting: A Funeral Home, a few rows of chairs Michael and Justin are sitting next to each other.

Justin: Man I can’t believe Ethan’s dead.

Michael: Yeah, I should have been there, I could have done something.

Justin: Even if you were there you wouldn’t have been able to do anything.

Michael: Yeah you’re probably right.

Justin: And you probably would have gotten hurt to and I wouldn’t have been able to stand losing you both.

Michael: Hey don’t worry I’m not going anywhere.

Justin and Michael look at each other for a moment then share a short kiss. A teenage girl walks over to them.

Justin: Hey Joey.

Black Out



© Copyright 2004 Koris (koris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/824981-Ethan