*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/832162-Indo-Pak-One-day-series
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Sports · #832162
Why was this Indo-Pak series more famous?
And the wait is over. The past few weeks have been intriguing. In fact, the parliamentary poll waves have calmed down for awhile as this tide took over and hogged the limelight. The media hype and expectations from public of both the countries did have an impact in making it more resounding and marked an indelible mark in the annals of history. The awe culminated to the pinnacle till the final rubber and it's still precipitous in our hearts. Even a purist from army might condone my analogy with a war between the two countries - yes, it's the Indo-Pak one-day series. No one would antagonise my so few words amidst so much talking about this - a little history in itself.

A glance on paper and a peep into recent history - even for a person suffering from amnesia, there is a mordacious inkling that the players from the southern end of the sub-continent have fared better than their north-western brethren prior to this series - the records speak for themselves. The series was closely fought, courtesy: media hype. As such there was a good deal of difference in the abilities, capabilities and forte. Did anyone stop me from mentioning luck as another factor? A simple yet robust fillip from the media made this should-have-been-a-yet-another into has-been-the-one-and-only. I dare say that sans this hype, leaving behind my jingoism, the series would have been one-sided, with the needle pointing towards south-east had the compass been placed in the mediterranean. This, indeed, is the power of media.

When is the next Indo-Pak one-day series? Come on, I am not a hypocrite.
© Copyright 2004 Cloudnine (akrish79 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/832162-Indo-Pak-One-day-series