*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/839084-Love-Through-Time---Ch2-Plz-RateRev
by Willa
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #839084
They meet after 5 years
Chapter 2

When I walked into the bar with Becca, there were a lot of people inside. So many in fact, you couldn’t really see how big it was. As I took in what I could see, Becca tapped me on the shoulder.
“There’s Jake and that’s Sam standing next to him.”
Sam had his back to me, but from what I could see, he looked pretty good. Becca pulled me towards the pair and as I did, Sam decided to turn around at that moment. As his eyes met mine, recognition took over.

“It can’t be her.” He thought.
He moved towards Allie and said “Allie?” He had not seen her in about 5 years but I still looked as good as the last day he had seen her.

I kept moving towards Sam and when he spoke my name, there was no doubt that this was the boy I had grown up with. But he no longer was the boy. He had become a man over the past 5 years.

When we got close enough, we drew each other into a warm hug that seemed to last for hours. When we finally let go of each other, the first thing we said was simultaneously. “Where have you been?”
I was the first to answer.
“I’ve been in Boston. You?”
“I’ve been here getting my business degree at NYU”, he replied.
“How long have you been here?”, he asked.
“A couple weeks.”


Before the discussion could get any further, Becca decided to interrupt.
“So, I guess you two already know each other?”
“Yeah, we grew up together. But we haven’t seen each other in about 5 years.”
“Well I guess I’ll let you two catch up. I’m gonna go talk to Jake.”

Becca smiled at us and started across the room.

“I can’t believe how long it’s been. It seems like yesterday, when we were goofing off in your backyard.”

“I know. I remember the last time we saw each other.”

I had remembered that day as well, as it had hurt when he pushed me away.

“I’m sorry for what happened that day.” He said.

“It’s okay. I’ve gotten over it.”

He could see in my eyes that I had, but he still wanted my now, as much as he did back then.

I decided to change the subject by asking him what he had been up to.
He stretched out his arms and said, “you see it. “

“This is yours?”

“Yep, this is my baby.”

“It’s great. Can I have a tour?”

“Sure”, he answered and held out his hand for me to take.

As he led me around, I took in the expansiveness. The backside of the bar was made up of a stage with stereo equipment. To the left of that, there was where the bar was set up. It stretched at least 20ft and it was made of what looked to be solid oak.

On the right side of the stage, there was a large area set up for dancing that extended almost to the bar, and against the wall were 4 or 5 tables so that you could sit down.

“This is great, Sam”

He saw the amazement in my eyes and knew that I was being honest.

“Thanks. I’ve worked hard on it.”

Sam wanted to stay and catch up but he knew that he had some mingling to do. He had to try to gain some loyalty so that he could keep the bar open.

“I would really love to stay here and catch up, but I’ve gotta go talk to someone. Can we get together later?”

I felt a little hurt, but I knew that he had to go.

“Sure. Maybe we can get together tomorrow?”

“Of course.” He said and pulled me to him and hugged me. I hugged him back and said, “Don’t forget me.”

“I won’t.” he replied and let go of me. We exchanged phone numbers and then he gave me a big grin and turned and walked towards Jake and Becca.

But as I turned to walk towards the bar, I walked straight into something bulky.
I looked up and all I could see a chest. So I looked up a little further and looked into the greenest eyes I had ever seen.

The guy had to be at least 6’3, and was wearing a brown shirt and blue jeans. He looked down at me and put his lightly tanned hand on my arm.

“Are you okay?”

I was transfixed for what felt like an hour, but I finally managed an answer.

“I’m fine. It’s okay.”

“Are you sure?” he asked with his hand still touching my shoulder.

I nodded at him and he smiled at me.

“My name is Eli, Eli Hayes. And yours is?” he said and stuck out his hand.

“Allie, Allie Taylor.”

“Nice to meet you Allie. Can I buy you a drink since I almost ran you over?”

“Sure.”

He led me towards the bar, and as I followed him, I realized how good-looking he was. His skin was slightly tan and was more muscular than Sam. He had light brown hair that was cut short, and he was clean-shaven.

When they got to the bar, I ordered a screwdriver and he got a beer.

After he paid for our drinks, he led us to a quiet table so that we could talk.

When we sat down, he asked me about myself and I told him about just moving here recently. He had lived here all his life, except for when he went off to college in Texas. We talked about our families and before we knew it, it had gotten late and I still hadn’t seen Sam again.

“He must be busy,” I thought. I decided that I was having a great time with Eli, so even though Sam hadn’t come back, I wasn’t lonely. Eli and I had a lot in common when it came to our families. We both were the youngest of 3 children, and had the same tastes in music and movies.

I looked down at my watch and realized that it was almost 2 am. I had to get up early tomorrow, so I figured I would have to leave soon.

“I’m having such a great time with you. It’s getting late and I have to go soon.” I said sadly.

“Me too. I’ve actually got to work tomorrow.”

We both stood up and Eli asked me for my number. I gave him mine, and he gave me his in return.

He walked over to me and leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek. When he pulled away, I returned the kiss. He walked me towards the entrance, and when we got there, he said, ”Nice meeting you, Allie.”

“You too, Eli.” I said.

He kissed me on the cheek again, and walked out the door.

© Copyright 2004 Willa (willa1_88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/839084-Love-Through-Time---Ch2-Plz-RateRev