*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/841392-Sticking-to-It
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #841392
A writer is purposely stuck to his chair by his own wish.
"STICKING TO IT"

Kevin Panter was sitting on his desk chair in front of his computer wishing he could finish his novel.
"I wish I could'nt get out of this chair until I have finished this entire story", he spoke to himself.
It was a story that involved a man getting what he wanted when he wanted it and learning a valuable lesson about the selfishness in wanting.
Two hours later he tried to get out the chair but it stuck to him and he panicked with surprise.
He suddenly remembered what he said to himself earlier about wishing this to happen.
Kevin had to get the chair off of himself so he could get ready to go to his own wedding that would start in one hour. So he had to hurry as usual like with most things in his life.
He tried to get his pants off while the chair banged into everything in the room. And then he fell to the floor kicking and cursing.
Next, the door to the study opened, Mark Tarsh entered; he was Kevin's friend.
Mark was instantly laughing at the sight he was seeing and began helping Kevin out of his mysterious problem.
"What happened?" Mark asked.
"I'm not going to tell you, just help me."
© Copyright 2004 Spartus (spartus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/841392-Sticking-to-It