*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/845185-The-Prodigal-Sons-Brother
Rated: E · Monologue · Inspirational · #845185
Angel's Flight
Angel's Flight

The Prodigal Son's Brother

Luke 15:29, 31. (29) And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends....31.And he said into him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

The older brother valued his own higher privilege and despised his brother who had squandered his portion.
He was feeling superior and self-righteous, and was now understandably annoyed that his brother was being lavished with mercy and kindness.
Jesus is here painting a picture of an attitude behind the heart..OUCH!!!

I too know what the brother felt like today.When you are there the whole time for your parents, being the encourager, prayer warrior, lifting their spirits, helping them with things to make everything come out better and your sibling just waltzes right in receiving the blessings you felt you deserved which you had put your whole heart into the relationship, it hurts and it hurts bad.

But as the father rebuked the brother so has my Father rebuked me. The LORD said to me, While your parents grieve over your sibling, you have their love and they are proud of you which you have had all along. Child, you have had it backwards all these years, See you didn't have to fight for their love and understanding, it was they whom had to fight to understand and love your sibling.

Father,
Oh, my understanding falls short to your ways and understanding. The wonder of your love for me, I can't even fathom. Thank you LORD for showing me today one of the ways you love me. By a hug, rebuke, by your unconditional love, grace and mercy. Praise you Father. In Jesus' name amen
Love Angel

John 14:26... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

When the Holy Spirit teaches you something, It is always Good.. amen

© Copyright 2004 angelwings8316 (angelwings8316 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/845185-The-Prodigal-Sons-Brother