*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/851565-Rendevous-with-Destiny
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #851565
Romantic story of wonderment and innocence
I was a quiet and reserved guy when I was a teenager and not very bold...but I had my moments. This story is true, as far as I can remember, and without embellishments but there are some omissions to protect the innocent.

I was returning from the Mexican side of the border one evening, on foot, as I usually did after visiting my friends from my old neighborhood. I usually walked down Elizabeth Street then crossed through the high school and the Stadium to the street where I lived. But this day I took another route, I don’t know why, apparently destiny had something in mind for me that night; I decided to go down Washington street after crossing over the New Bridge.

It was a warm and sultry night with a light warm breeze. I think it was a Saturday night probably about 10 or so, I remember lots-of debris on the sidewalks and people still scurrying around while the stores where closing their doors.

I walked by the Bus Station, It was on the opposite side of the street,I noticed a young girl about my age exiting the station and walking hurriedly down the street. I also noticed a man about twice our age following her, apparently he was stalking her. He approached her several times as she weaved through the storefronts and walked down the street; she was obviously trying to get away from him. She then crossed the street towards me. I had a momentary surge of gallantry and pretended I knew her and said: hello. She picked up on my intent right away and also pretended to know me. She said hello and started talking as if we were friends. I gave the stalker a “Mexican look” with a quick tip of the head which kind-of says: Y tu que quieres guey? (what do you want asshole?). So he went on down the street, I guess he decided it was best to get back to his wife and five kids!!!!

I don’t really remember how the conversation went, but I accompanied her down the street, perhaps she felt comfortable and safe with me...I don’t know. I wasn’t a very good conversationalist but it seemed the conversation had an easy flow, so we continued to walk and talk. I remember going past local shops as we walked. Then we turned down the street that intersects Elizabeth Street at the Post Office where the Majestic theater and a Fishers cafe are located.

I do remember some things, she was fifteen, Mexican-American, and lived in Brownsville, Texas. She was about five foot-two or-so, wore a modest dress of neutral color (beige or light brown) just above the knee , white frosty hose (or panty hose), and brown shoes with a single strap. She had short brown hair, fair complexion, and honey-colored eyes.

We continued to walk on past Elizabeth Street and approaching Levee and the Capitol theater. At about that point we came across an exterior stairway that was right behind the Capitol Theater; it went to the second floor of the building, it was kind-of...cut into the building. We decided to stop and sit on the stairway and take a rest.

I could tell she was a bit nervous. She had her hands clasped together and placed on her lap with both knees together, the lower portion of her legs were angled out with feet planted on the lower steps, her shoulders scrunched up, and her head down. When she did look up, she smiled and looked at me with those "honey-colored eyes" and gave me an....ADORING LOOK. Ahhhhhhhh....what could be more flattering to a guy than to be looked at with......ADORING EYES!!!!!!!!!....

So we kissed........the kiss was wet, smooth, delicious, and fruity...I think she was wearing peach flavored lipstick......It’s amazing, it has been almost 40 years since that kiss and I can....STILL TASTE IT!!!!!

So we talked and kissed some more till it was late and she said she needed to get back home....I walked her part way to her house, but never saw where she lived. I didn’t get a phone number, or address, or made plans to meet later; I had a lot to learn about romance. I looked for her at school and other places through the coming months, but without any luck. I guess that's the way it is with destiny! But, I still think of that moment and the taste of her kiss.

By the way, I was also fifteen and that was my.....FIRST KISS!!!!!
© Copyright 2004 wingspar (wingspar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/851565-Rendevous-with-Destiny