*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/855131-The-Inner-Circle---Chapter-6
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #855131
Deacon talks with Herald. The plans for Clara are reveiled.
Note: Please see The Inner Circle - Chapter 1 for proper credit where it's due.

Chapter 6
More than Ever

Judd had an unfamiliar smile on his face, but he couldn’t control it. Tonight he would finally be able to give his great contribution to the Circle. He had to tell Regina but he knew she would disapprove. He would deal with that when the time came, but no matter what, he was going to carry out the plan. Herald had already sent out the announcement that all of the members of the Inner Circle should gather in the chapel tonight for the grand event. The information about what the event consisted of was given in the notice and he and Herald were sure that no one would protest.

Deacon walked into Herald’s office. He would’ve burst in if he hadn’t been wondering what Judd was smiling about when he passed him in the hall.

“Ah, Deacon, what do you need?” Herald was polite as ever.

“Herald, I want out.”

“What?”

“I’m sick of the lies and your deception, I want out.”

“I haven’t lied to you at all, Deacon.”

“Why won’t you tell me what the plans are for Clara even worse, you don’t tell Regina at all. It’s not right and I’m going to get out of here. God isn’t here at all.”

“Now, Deacon, calm, down, please. Judd was going to tell Regina just now, you probably saw him on your way here, and I’ve sent out letters alerting everyone else about it, you must have missed it. Now listen, I have not lied to you. Have you found acceptance?” Deacon didn’t day anything. “Have you found something more for yourself than you had out there?” Deacon nodded. “So, you see, Deacon, in no way has anyone lied to you, you have received all that was promised.”

“But what about the Holy Ghost, I still don’t feel as if I have been bestowed with the spirit.”

“But you will, Deacon, you will. Just attend the event tonight and you will be filled the power even more than you are now and you will be able to feel it. You are one of my heirs and you could be the person who will act as God’s ambassador, but you must remember, God is always here, he is in me, you, and everybody here. Now, go back to your room, read the notice, and I’ll see you tonight.”

“I’m sorry, Herald, I can’t believe that I almost let myself fall away from the Circle.”

“It is OK, my son.”

“Thank you, Father.” Deacon left the room, truly reassured. He entered his room and found the notice had been slipped under his door. He was a bit shocked while reading it and he felt that feeling of doubt rising up again. He made a solution for himself. He pushed everything out of his mind. Herald, his own feelings, everything and reached deep within. He knew that if he had received this before he spoke to Herald he would have left without a word and maybe he even would’ve taken Regina and Clara with him. Before he saw Herald, he just needed one more reason to fail God as he thought God had failed him. But now he was making a truly hard decision.

He closed his eyes to gain the courage for his decision. It was merely a second before he opened them again. He felt it, there it was, clarity. This event was perfect for gaining the spirit. He believed in the Circle more than ever.


Regina had allowed Clara to go down to the courtyard with the elderly lady from the room next door. The woman visited many times and Clara looked to her almost like a grandmother. Regina was watching the television when Judd walked in with a bright smile on his face.

“What are you smiling about?” Her question was friendly, not angry.

“Where is Clara?”

“She’s down in the courtyard with Ms. Pollock, why?”

“Tonight is the great event.”

“You mean the one with Clara?”

“Of course.”

“Judd, please tell me what you are going to do with her, she is my daughter too.”

“I was about to, now listen. Herald will take her up to the altar and he will give a special sermon. Then, Clara will help show the Circle’s faith by being offered up.”

“What?”

“We will send her to Heaven and the Holy Ghost will come down and fill us with indescribable grace.” Regina stood up; “You’re going to kill my baby?” Judd nodded. Regina screamed in protest and tried to push past Judd. He grabbed her and held her tight.

“I won’t let your lack of faith hinder my progression. Do not try to stop this.” She was still trying to push by him when he hit her with the back of his hand. It didn’t stop her this time and she still tried to get by him. Judd wouldn’t have that. He punched her, knocking her down. Regina still tried to fight, but she was dazed. Judd grabbed her by the arm and dragged her across the floor. He pushed her into the bathroom and slammed the door. He grabbed a chair before she could regain enough sense to move. He propped the chair under the doorknob so that she couldn’t get out and left the room.

Regina was crying uncontrollably. She couldn’t even scream for help. She tried to leave him just as many times as she had cried when he was gone. But now that love was gone. Every road had to have its end hers ended there. And so did her faith.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#856130 by Not Available.
© Copyright 2004 Abominae (ledzep at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/855131-The-Inner-Circle---Chapter-6