*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/855381-The-Darkness
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #855381
Light and dark are fighting for power... Warning: Requires deep thought.
The Darkness

I look into the shadows, and see what no one else does. They do not see, because they do not want to. It scares them, the idea of a being, with a soul, living there, where they dare not stretch their imaginations, to behold what they could not conceive clutches their very lives and souls, in itself.

It is the shadows, it is the night, and it is darkness, in itself. It is everything from your worst nightmares, and fears. It feeds on them, and will use them to find you. It is everything that could ever be called evil, but quite simply, it is worse.

He is part of us. He is inside each of us, and watches us from the shadows. He is their leader, and they obey his every command. He feels what you feel, but he is emotionless. He sees and hears what you do, but he is separate. He is part of you, and you part of him. It is what he feels gives him the right to take you into him, as one of them. He sees and understands all that is you, and he chooses who will live, and who will die. Refuse him, and suffer the consequences.

~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~

I see him, and I know everything that he is. He hunts me, for I refuse to be one with his collective. I am free of his grasp, for I am individual – one consciousness.

You are trapped, the way you are. Slaves to his bidding. He shall feed on all that makes you who you are, until there is nothing left but hatred, pain, and suffering. And then he shall strike. Take you with him into the darkness. You shall not be remembered, for he shall erase you, and everything you ever were.

I shall not be a pawn on his chessboard. I have my free will, and I intend to use it, to find a way out of this mess that I have placed myself in. The only way that I will become part of his collective is if I die and go to hell. At this rate, I just might.

I hide in the light, as she is my only friend now. She is all that saves me from them, his servants, his collective. I refuse to be like them, like him.

~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~

I was like you once, care free, and ignorant. And then he found me. He broke every one of his rules to find me, because my imagination stretched further than any other human in history. I could see what none of you could, and although I knew not of him, the possibility was there, and he chose to delete me.

Deletion was his sweet revenge. His way of paying me a visit, and making me part of his own. In a usual sense, he would delete those that the darkness filled, those that were full of so much hatred and evil that they could no longer be a food source for him.

I don’t see why he bothered, I’m not evil. I like to think of myself as the one thing that stands between me and his domination of everything. I guess maybe that’s why he did it. Because if I don’t exist, why would I stand any chance of getting in his way. As one of them, however, my ‘gift’ would be of great use, I suppose. I don’t want to think about it though. I cannot.

Everything I ever was is gone, every chance that I have had crushed and pushed aside as part of his collective mind. But I hid from him, and now his chance to make me one with them is gone. I shall not be taken… Not now that I know what he is. Not now that I am your only hope.

~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~

There is more to this than even I can perceive, I see now. He knows something what I don’t. I guess that I’m hoping that there’s a better reason why he is bothering to save me from infinity than to simply feed upon me or make me part of his collection of lost souls.

They are trailing me in greater numbers than ever before, and I fear that I am weakening. I do not know why they hunt me so. Why am I so important if I simply do not exist? There is no chance of mine warning you all, for you cannot even see me.

I feel them closing in on me, as I am weary and tired of the chase. I don’t know for how long I have been traveling. It seems less important than any other matter on my mind. Even the retrieval of my life seems not to reflect on me lately. Why this is, I cannot tell.

My mind drifts away from me every moment that I am here, in your time. I can drift through so many realities, and times, because my mind can reach as far as I can imagine. But of late, all of these things seem to be wearing away from me, piece by piece, because my mind cannot perceive even the simplest of matters. He drains me of everything I have left. This is the price that I pay for betraying his plan, everything that he has ever worked for. I am a traitor to his collective lifeforce.

There must be someone, something, which could help me. I am fading into nothing, and I cannot stop it from happening to me. I no longer exist in any reality, timeline, or dimensional reasoning. To everyone, and everything, I do not exist. I have no body, no mind, and no soul … It has all been taken from me, and unless I find a way soon, I shall disappear into infinity.

I do not know who I am, or what I am. I was one of you once, and that is all that I know. I write now, with all that remains, a simplistic ability to perceive, and understand what I must do now. I shall end it all. As to which side that I shall prove to end it for, I have yet to discover.

~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~

I write to you now, as a warning to all. I know that the percentage chance that you shall believe that anything that I have to say can be true, because your minds are far too simple for your imagination to achieve such levels of belief. I do have some hope, though, that there is someone out there that can and will believe.

All I know and can understand now is the need to end the suffering, the pain… The darkness. I know him more than anyone or anything can, for I am one with him. Being apart from everything for so long, has given me this. That is why he wants to find me, because we are one, and if I fade away, so shall he. I am part of his essence now, for that is what I became when I was erased, and refused to become part of his collective. I am him, and he is me. We are one, we are a part of each other, and we are one another’s end.

~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~♥♠♣♦~

Becoming this has begun his downfall, and mine also. Once, my mind could not perceive even a simple thing such as time, and now I see all. I see the end, and it is near.

Believe me, and save yourselves. That is all I can say. This is an account of my experience, all that is left of me. I read it, and my mind is full of nothingness, a simple lack of memory of such things that have happened.
Believe me, or he shall win. They shall overflow you. He is expanding his forces to the reaches of the light, and soon he will overthrow and overcome it. You are what he lives on, and you are all that can stop him, the key to life itself.
Believe me, or become like me, and die.
© Copyright 2004 Illisia (cher2a at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/855381-The-Darkness