*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/857320-Gothic-Tale
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #857320
Bring you to life...
A chill ran down Colle’s spine. This was it. He looked at the cold, grey face of The Monster. It was pale in the moonlight shining through the tomb window.

- Not long now my son. Don’t you worry. It won’t be long now.- Thought Colle and he laughed icily. A cloud passed over the moon. The dead face darkened, the eyes though closed were heavily hooded by dark rings and the lips of the Thing were darker still as the blood from his death had never been removed. Yet the dead boy lying in it’s coffin still managed to appear at rest.

A light appeared in Colle’s eyes as the cloud passed. Now was the time. Now in that icy cold tomb was the time to play the part of God. With a deranged cackle Colle leapt over to the boy lifted it’s body and flung it into a large glass container. Quickly the lost man attached the boy to metal cords then locked him inside the container. He pulled a leaver on the side and a green liquid gushed in from a silver tank.

Three, two, one. Colle pulled down another huge lever and with a burst of electricity the dead body convulsed. The arms flayed and its head rolled and it’s bare chest began to rise and fall quickly as the static shock pumped through the lifeless form over and over. The eye lids fluttered as the liquid began to drain, eye’s filled with pain and confusion. Colle shrieked in sheer joy. Like a sprite the twisted man grabbed his coat and ran away into the cold graveyard. The experiment was a success and that was all that matter now.

The liquid ended with a mere trickle and the boy writhed like a snake. His long nailed hands clawed at the glass, scratching at it, dying to escape. It’s heart was beating on its own. He was thinking on his own and what he realised first was that the man he had seen first was gone. He alone. The Thing screamed. Clawing all the more fiercely at the glass. Eye’s wild with fear. Screaming and screaming. The glass cracked above him and fell. Slicing the now living body. He screamed again this time in pain from the glass. What had he done wrong? Why was he back here? He had been HAPPY! Was that not allowed? Stiffly he sat up and saw where he was. Anger replaced his pain. The man had not even taken him away from his grave. New blood streamed down his body in rivulets with the liquid still upon him. He tore off the metal cords. He snarled. Then stopped. He looked down at his hands, they were covered in blood, his blood.

A howl rang through the grave yard. The howl was similar to that of a wounded animal calling for help. Again it sounded each time becoming more and more bitter until it was pure hatred ringing across each grave. A young man stumbled amongst the memorial stones. He would have been beautiful had it not been for the face of grim loathing twisting his face. Blood streaked every inch of his body. Snow began to fall but the Thing ignored it. It continued howling and making it’s way from the yard.

Words began to form in the midst of the agonised sounds. “Why? Why?” Tears joined the blood and snow. Colle was watching in silence. He had finally come back to his senses and now he was captured by the eyes of the Monster he had created. They were still as hooded as before but they were now haunted. They were not the eyes of the son he remembered before the murder.

-What have I done?- he wondered, -I should go speak to him.-

“I’ll kill you!” screamed the young man before returning to howls.

Colle shrank away from his work and realised this was not his son any more this was indeed a Monster. A monster because of him.....

“Hello.” A pale face appeared infront of him, covered in cuts and lined with blood. It was the Thing of his experiment. It stretched out one clawed finger and smiled dangerously, “Why?”

“Mattieu?” whispered Colle, “ Mattieu-Kun.....Aishiteru.”

The finger was joined with both hands, “I’m going to kill you. You left me again and you made me claw out of my own grave. Kun Naishiteru!”

The long fingers that once traced over the piano to play sweet music closed around Colle’s throat.....

“You left me again. Just like you left me to die.” Mattieu snarled. And the fingers tightened their grip..... “You left me again. Just like you left me to die by your father’s gun! By your Father!” He pushed Colle back into a grave stone.

“Aishiteru. Aishiteru...Aishiteru......”
The fingers loosened.......
© Copyright 2004 Dr Matticakes Myra (dragoon362 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/857320-Gothic-Tale