*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/857477-Love-Through-Time--Chap-4-Plz-RateRev
by Willa
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #857477
Allie and Eli's date
Chapter 4


After watching television for a couple hours, I decided to go upstairs and start getting ready for my date with Eli. I still hadn’t decided what to wear yet, so I had plenty of time to figure something out. I started looking through my closet and pulled out a lacy peach camisole and a pair of dark blue jeans. I decided to wear a dark blue jean jacket over the camisole so that I wouldn’t get cold, and didn’t give a bad impression. I also chose a pair of black heels to go with it. I decided to wear my hair down, but I curled my hair so that it looked really wavy.

I put on a little makeup and checked my outfit in the mirror and I was ready to go back downstairs to wait for Eli. I didn’t have to wait long, because there was a knock at the door. I got up to answer it, and when I opened the door, Eli was standing there in a black short sleeved button-up shirt with a white tank top underneath, a pair of khaki cargo pants, and a pair of dress shoes.

“Wow, you look great.” He said with a big grin on his face.

“Thanks, you do too.” I replied.

“Ready to go?”

“Yeah, let me grab my purse.”

I went to the closet and grabbed my purse, and then we left. We went downstairs to Eli’s car, which was a black Ford Mustang. After we got in, we headed toward the restaurant. The conversation there was great. Eli had rock music playing and we were discussing our favorite bands. I told him that mine was Offspring, his was Linkin’ Park.

The ride didn’t take long, and soon Eli pulled up to the restaurant and parked in a space. He got out and walked around and opened my door and held out his hand for me to take. I took his hand and stepped out of the car. He let go of my hand and put his arm on mine and walked me into the restaurant. We walked in and found a table. Soon after, a waiter came and gave us menus. I had never eaten here before, so I had no idea what to order. I looked over at Eli and he must have seen that I was having trouble.

“Would you like some help?” he asked.

“Yes, I would. What do you recommend?”

“The fettuccini Alfredo. It’s really good.”

I looked at the description on the menu and it sounded pretty good. So when the waiter came, that was what I ordered. Eli ordered the lasagna.

While we waited for our food, I decided to ask him about Sam.

“So, how long have you and Sam known each other?”

“About a year, my band played in one of the bars he worked at and we became friends. So when Sam decided to open his bar, he asked me if I wanted to be the house band and I accepted. How long have you known him?”

“I’ve known him since we were nine years old. And last night was the first time I have seen him in about five years.”

“Wow, that’s a long time. Excuse me for asking, but did you guys ever date each other?”

“No, I kind of wanted to, but Sam didn’t and it never went anywhere.”

Eli nodded in understanding and then the conversation went in a different direction. We talked about our common interests and not much later, our food came and we started to eat.

After dinner, we decided to go to the movie theater. When we got there, there was a long line, so it gave us plenty of time to decide what to watch.

We finally decided to watch Shrek 2. We both had seen the first one, and were very interested in watching the second one. After we bought tickets, Eli got us some drinks and some popcorn. We then headed to our theater and found some seats in the back row to sit in. As we watched the movie, Eli put his hand on mine and we held hands all through the movie.

When the movie was over, we walked outside and went to his car. The car ride home was just as full of conversation as it was on the way there. We talked about our favorite parts of the movie, and laughed again at the funny parts. And when we pulled in front of my apartment, I wasn’t ready for the evening to end.

Eli walked me to my door, and I decided to let him come upstairs, so we could talk a little while longer. I went in the kitchen and made some coffee while Eli had a seat on the couch. I brought out two cups, and handed one to Eli. I sat down next to him on the couch, and we started talking about our families.

We sat and talked for about two hour and then Eli said he had to go. So I walked him to the door and he said, “I had a really nice time tonight. Maybe we can do it again sometime?”

“I had a great time tonight too and I’d love to.”

He leaned towards me and kissed me on the cheek and then pulled me in for a hug. When he pulled back, our faces were only inches apart. I decided to take advantage and kissed him. He kissed me back and then pulled me closer to him. He deepened the kiss and I felt like I was melting. I didn’t want to give him the wrong impression and started to pull away. When we were far enough apart, Eli was the first to speak and all he could say was “wow”. I started to blush a little and he grinned at me.

“I never saw that coming.”

“I’m full of surprises. Didn’t I tell you that?” I replied.

“No, you didn’t. Maybe I should have asked.” He said with a grin.

“I might not have told you.”

“Well, I must go. I’ve got band practice in the morning. I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay, I’ll talk to you then.”

Eli opened the door and walked outside. I watched him walk to his car, get in and leave.

I went upstairs to get ready for bed. I lay down in my bed, and tried to go to sleep bit it seemed to take forever. But when I finally did fall asleep, I only slept for a few hours because I was anxious to see Eli again.

© Copyright 2004 Willa (willa1_88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/857477-Love-Through-Time--Chap-4-Plz-RateRev