*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/859542-Books-Help-Us-Live
Rated: E · Appendix · Educational · #859542
A list of things people write to help make the world better.
Voices rising. Voices falling. Step…pause…step. Ladies passing. Lords pausing. Step…pause…step.
…the dance of life goes on.

The first rule of life is to live.

Stories are just red slippers in the world of the mind.

And that is what evil does: forces us down dark pathways we otherwise would not have trodden.

But if for no other reason, Evil must be destroyed so that we can once more guide our own destinies.

As it can be with each great dream, sometimes the cost to the dreamer is staggering.

All dreams fetch with a silver call, and to some the belling of that treasured voice is irresistible. In many quests the silver turns to dross, while in others, it remains precious; but in the harsh crucibles of some quests, the silver is transformed to ruthless metal. Such is the case with all of our dreams, yours and mine. But that does not mean that it is wrong to dream, nor does it mean that one should not reach for a dream. But it does mean that all dreams exact a price: sometimes trivial, sometimes more than can be borne.

Some dreams are small: a garden patch, a rose bush, the crafting of a simple thing. Some dreams are grand: a great journey, a dangerous feat, the winning of a Kingdom. And the greater the dream, the greater the reward- yet the greater can be the cost. One cannot reach for a dream and remain unchanged, and that change is part of the cost of the dream. But when events go awry and disaster strikes, each of us who dreams must not let his spirit be crushed by the outcome.

A person can be safe and never reach for his dream, never risk failure, never expose his spirit to the dangers inherent, but then he will never reap the rewards of a dream realized, and he might never truly live.

Stature does not measure the greatness of a heart.

Yesterday’s seeds are tomorrow’s trees.

What’s done is done, and we cannot call it back, we cannot flee into yesterday.
© Copyright 2004 Christina Maria (elvenprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/859542-Books-Help-Us-Live