*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/860054-Self-Esteem
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Educational · #860054
Letter to girls and women about self esteem.
To My Dear Sisters:

While growing up, my father, in reference to dating, used to say to my dates, corny stuff like: No finance, no romance. No money, no honey. And although these words may sound cruel
when trying to find romance, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

These are empowering words, because it tells you that you're special and that somebody else thinks you are special too. It teaches you to look for a provider and not a dependent because you want somebody who will build you up and not tear you down. Why would you want to take money from your babies to give to your man. A man who you know you are sharing with someone else? A man who can't find time for you during the week or month until your payday/check day arrives or when he needs a place to stay. A man who talks to you like he has everything going on and yet he can't even take care of himself. However, he talks like he's running things and unfortunately, he is. Think about it. When this man is around, you put him first and the household is rearranged to his needs, ideals, and style.

Oops, my bad, I don't want to confuse y'all by referring to him as a man. But why put up with that? Is it because a fraction (or should I say, a piece) of a man, is better than no man? Well ladies, watch what you're doing and who you're doing it with, because your babies are watching you and repeating the cycle on both ends.

With much love,


Novice Novel-ty
Hugs and kisses,
© Copyright 2004 NoviceNovel-ty (didobu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/860054-Self-Esteem