*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/862775-Untitled
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #862775
A short story written for English 10 around Halloween.
          A dark alley could be seen before her, how she got here was beyond her. All she knew was a dark hunger that she felt. A hunger she had never felt before but she knew it all too well. A young man was walking toward her from the other end of the alley with a murderous glint in his eye. But she had the upper hand; she had already decided he would be the one to satisfy her hunger. With and inhuman leap she was upon him and it was over all too soon. She stood up over her latest meal licking what she could off of her fingers.

          Hearing footsteps behind her she turned to see a man in a long red coat. He had a rather large grin on his face as he pulled out a large gun from a pocket on the inside of his coat. She could barely think as he pointed the gun at her and pulled the trigger.
The last thing she saw was his still grinning face.

          Melusine woke in a cold sweat. That nightmare seemed all too real before her. She was grateful when it quickly faded from memory. But a piece still lingered, the grin of a gun-wielding maniac in a red coat. She shivered at the thought of it and went downstairs to the kitchen.

          The morning went by rather slowly with a bowl of frosted flakes and Saturday morning cartoons. Her parents were gone for the week and weren’t returning until next Sunday. Which gave her the house to herself.

          She went up stairs to clean her room, her goal for this week. By the time she was done with most of her room it was already dusk. Taking the dirty laundry downstairs she walked into the cold room that held the washing machine and dryer. Opening the washing machine she saw there was some clothing in there already, which there shouldn’t be. Pulling it out she saw it was the clothing she wore yesterday, but they were stained with blood. She remembered some of last nights nightmare and in horror dropped the shirt and pants. Looking at her hand’s she noticed some of the blood, still wet, had rubbed of onto her hands.

          In a frantic rush she ran to the kitchen to wash her hands but when she turned on the faucet the water ran red. The doorbell rang but she didn’t hear it. She wanted to just run away and pray that she was dreaming. Melusine ran into the living room and collapsed on the couch her insanity wanting her to sleep.

          The front door burst open and in stepped the man in the red coat. Melusine slowly looked over the couch and saw him looking in the living room.
“It took quite a while to find you… You haven’t fully awakened yet which is why you were able to escape so easily last night. But I have found your body and you can’t get away this time.” His grin never left his face but proceeded to get wider.
“What do you want with me?” she shouted. The man stepped closer, “It’s nothing personal, but I have a sworn duty to rid the world of vampires. And you just happen to be one.” He reached into his coat and pulled out the same silver gun from before. “I hate to ruin this little conversation but its time to say goodnight.”
Melusine watched in horror as he lowered the gun at her head and pulled the trigger.
© Copyright 2004 Person of Flipsy (flipsyperson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/862775-Untitled