*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/871313-An-Ordinary-Mother
by Turch
Rated: E · Fiction · Entertainment · #871313
This is a Sailor Moon drabble.I suppose it could be any mother looking at their daughter.
Title: An Ordinary Mother
Author: Michelle (michellet@writing.com)
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Sailor Moon and all related characters are property of Takeuchi Naoko.
************

I may be an ordinary mother, but I don't have an ordinary daughter. My sweet Usagi isn't who she seems. She's a fighter for peace, love, and justice. I'm not really supposed to know, but mothers can just sense these things.

It was in July about two years ago. Usagi was in bed, or so I thought. I opened the door to check on her and saw her transform. I blinked a few times, not certain what I was seeing. I almost didn't believe my own eyes, or my ears for that matter. Usagi's cat, Luna, began to talk. "Hurry up, Usagi-chan!"

Before I could step into the room, the two went onto the balcony and leapt to the ground. I suddenly grew nervous. My daughter was out fighting some monstrous creature. The kind all mothers and fathers want to protect their children from.

I sat on Usagi's bed, trying to sort it all out. I realized that she hadn't told me, or any of the family because she wanted to protect us... It still hurts, though.

I jumped when I realized Usagi was back. I left the room, keeping the door open a crack.

"Usagi-chan," Luna began, "you have to get over it. He's lost and there's no way you can save him."

I could tell Usagi was near tears. I just wanted to hold her and tell her everything was going to be all right, but I couldn't. "Luna, you don't understand!" Usagi replied in a hushed whisper. "I don't want to forget about him! I love him... I always have, I always will!"

Usagi turned from the cat and climbed back into bed. Luna sighed and laid next to her. I watch Usagi for a few minutes longer, then head back to bed, tears falling. I have so much respect and pride for my sweet Usagi.

I have such an extraordinary daughter.

And me... I'm just an ordinary mother.
© Copyright 2004 Turch (michellet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/871313-An-Ordinary-Mother