*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/871544-Awards-Given-Out-of-Shell
Rated: E · Other · Community · #871544
For those pieces I couldnt help but recognize - (worth being put out of my shell for)
I've come into contact with so many wonderful items and people, but a few I just couldnt pass up without a little something extra. So then there were these:

*Star**Star**Star**Star**Star*



Reviewing Merit Badge:
D.L. Robinson
Reviewed my poem: "Aged and I was really encouraged.


Support Merit Badge:
Lady Rook
Got to know her while reading and reviewing her novel (see below). She returned the favor with some reviews and suggestions about my own novel that were very helpful.


Support & Friendship Merit Badge:
A.J. Gray
He's become a precious friend. If you ever feel like you need someone to encourage you, he's one of those people who can't seem to help but shine and encourage those around him *Wink*


Merit for Poetry:
invisibleink
She's got some serious talent. It feels effortless. Not only that, but she's humble about it too - gives all the credit where it's due - to God. That's admirable and why I respect her so much. She doesnt have a public account any more, but Nance, wherever you may be - thanks for influencing me.


Powerful & Inspirational Prose Awardicon:
Through The Glass, Darkly  (13+)
description of a loved one being incarcerated
#1189245 by Puppycat

This author's work is great. She has a way with poetic words and an ability to inspire. Enjoyed this piece very much.


Brilliant Monster Poetry Awardicon:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1539891 by Not Available.

Loved the imagry in this one and identified - being a kid that was afraid to move when it was dark in the room did it to me.


Poetic Social Commentary Awardicon:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1525855 by Not Available.

Brilliant first stanza and great emotional direct statements caught my eye.


Powerful Poetry Awardicon:
Disorder  (E)
A brief review of the aging process on the the human body.
#1041167 by EMStilson

This piece got an emotional response from me. It's definitely worth a read.


Laughter-Causing Humor Awardicon:
This Morning my Head Popped Off  (ASR)
This morning my head popped off and this is what ensued.
#800066 by Jaren is Avarielle

I've never laughed so hard about something on the written page - er, well in this case, on screen.


Emense Character Depth Awardicon:
FOLDER
Rehearsal: A Different Drummer (2006)  (E)
A serenade of music, friendship, love, and culture. Lit Romance for adults, safe for 15+
#822658 by Voxxylady

This novel was in progress when I stumbled upon it and is one of my favorite pieces because of the character depth and development. There are three main characters and each time finish reading a section I can't wait till she puts up another chapter. *Smile* The plot is well structured, the setting is maintained, as is tone and... I just can't say enough nice things about this piece. I bought two copies of it when she self-published.


Action Amidst Awesome Settings Awardicon:
The Dragon's Curse  (13+)
Rook, a temple priest, goes on a quest of self-discovery & finds love.
#872101 by Lady Rook

I'm not real big into magic/fantasy stories, but the characters and the believable action as well as an amazing setting kept me reading till the very end. Can't wait to see this in print and get my signed copy in the mail *Smile*


Merited Poetry Awardicon:
Welcome to my World (my poems)  (13+)
These were written here and are for all those here who have taken the time to help me!
#849569 by Emilbus™

I can't tell you how many of these pieces are great cause just about all of them are and I couldn't choose just one to award - so I did the next best thing *Smile*


Gentle Grace Awardicon:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#851873 by Not Available.

I love the gentleness in this piece. The form was great and I found myself wondering where this great guy's been all my life. *laugh* I mean, really! All the great men are either married, too old for me or just not interested *Wink* But anyway, this piece was great. It's so worth your time.


Powerful Poetry Awardicon:
Disorder  (E)
A brief review of the aging process on the the human body.
#1041167 by EMStilson

A poem about being old and not as independant as wished... it's very powerful. I loved it.



There are so many others I wanna award, but I need to earn more GPs first *Wink*
© Copyright 2004 JustTurtle (justturtle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/871544-Awards-Given-Out-of-Shell