*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/872246-She-Gave-Him-Herself
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #872246
an entry in July's Stake and Garlic contest... a metaphorical vampire
Anna waited, on the dock, for the ship to arrive. She saw it in the distance, as it approached. She had not seen her love in two months. While he was gone, she had worked feverishly crocheting a blanket for him. She stayed up late nights to work on it, and she woke up with the sun to get a head start on it for the day.

As he stepped off the ship, her heart skipped a beat! He ran to her and held her in an embrace, kissing her. “Can we go someplace more private?” he asked.

“Sure,” was her reply. She had set everything up back at the apartment. The blanket was on the bed, like a quilt; she had sprayed the special “pheromone spray” the guy at the store had told her would set off fireworks… and she had placed some sexy lingerie in the bathroom, so she could quickly ‘slip into something a little bit more comfortable.’

Once Anna had changed into her sexy black lingerie, she opened the door, and there he was, sitting on the bed… naked… in all his glory. She walked over to him, and kissed him softly, on the lips. He had such sweet sensuous lips. As he kissed her back, he laid her down on the bed, and made love to her. Anna gave herself to him that night, over and over and over again.

The next morning, she awoke, and he was gone, along with the blanket. She found a note on his pillow. It said, “It’s over. Goodbye.”

She tried to make sense of it. She gave her heart, her soul, and everything that she had to give to this man… and he left her. She was drained of all the life that had been within her. He was gone, and he had taken with him all that she was... her spirit, her will to live, and that blanket she had worked at least a thousand hours on.

She doesn’t eat. She doesn’t sleep. She doesn’t leave the apartment. She doesn’t look at herself in the mirror… for fear of what her reflection might show. She has become an empty vessel… with no reason to exist. She mourns the loss of her love… as she painstakingly crochets a scarf, a hat, gloves… to match the blanket… if ever he should return.
© Copyright 2004 ßarbiε (maritimebarbie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/872246-She-Gave-Him-Herself