*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/875119-Political-Writers-Wanted
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Political · #875119
Magazine wants - articles, poems, and essays about political viewpoints. Updated 9-06-04
Sharing an opportunity.

*Star**Star**Star*UPDATE*Star**Star**Star*


Posted by Ann Ticipation on 08/21/2004 at 11:08:35 on http://www.redpaper.com

*Star*But I didn't see it until just the other day. Today is September 6th, 2004. Oops!!

The Pedestal Magazine is very specific on when it will and will not accept submissions. The following notice is important for anyone wishing to send their work.

Political Release


The political anthology (as we've come to refer to it) is scheduled to be posted on October 1. Due to the amount of submissions we have received, it is necessary for us to temporarily suspend accepting more work. We will resume accepting submissions on September 10 and continue to accept work until the initially publicized deadline of September 21.We are still committed to publishing as much as we can. If you would like to send us work, please send it (after 09/10) by email to pedmagazine@carolina.rr.com. Please type "Submission/Political Issue" in the Subject line.

A note about formatting: The reality is that this will be a community statement or "gathering of voices," if you will (a powerful, diverse, and LARGE one, from what I've seen so far!).

Unfortunately there will be inevitable formatting issues; i.e., this is supposed to be italicized, this isn't correctly indented. Once the issue is released, we will attempt to correct problems that are brought to our attention; however, we cannot be responsible for correcting all formatting issues.


*Star**Star**Star*



Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:06:18 -0400
From: The Pedestal Magazine
To:
Subject:A Special Call for Submissions

Dear Readers:
The American presidential election is coming up in November, and (at the risk of sounding Ameri-centric) this is, clearly, an important time for both the United States and the world at large.In early October, The Pedestal Magazine will release a special "political issue." We will be accepting works of poetry, fiction, and non-fiction, as well as art. All work should somehow address current political concerns, however popular or obscure, general or specific, they may be. We are open to all views and positions; i.e., liberal and conservative, Democrat and Republican, etc. There are no length restrictions. We are open to extended/complex works or brief statements, pieces that take on specific themes or are more generally philosophic in nature. We also welcome submissions (actually, we strongly request them) from people in countries other than the United States. If you would like to send us an accompanying photograph of yourself, please include one as an attachment in .jpg format.

We will not be offering payment to contributors; however, we will aggressively market the issue, as well as partner with various organizations in an attempt to reach and impact people around the world.

Send all work to pedmagazine@carolina.rr.com. If you are submitting artwork, please send all images as attachments in .jpg format. In the subject line of the email, type: Submission/Political Issue. Please DO NOT use the submission form provided on The Pedestal Magazine website to submit work for this special issue.

Please feel free to forward this email to contacts or friends and to post it on relevant forums or message boards.

The deadline for submissions is September 21.

Please feel free to email us at pedmagazine@carolina.rr.com, if you have any additional questions.

It is our intention to use as many pieces as possible, although we cannot guarantee that we will publish everything we receive.

We look forward to including a wide variety of writings in this special release and wish you much inspiration during this time of excitement and difficulty.

All my best,
John Amen
The Pedestal Magazine

www.thepedestalmagazine.com

pedmagazine@carolina.rr.com

Just doing my part to help those who are looking for a place to submit their political pieces of work. Good luck to fellow members of Writing.Com. I look forward to seeing you in print, and just in case I don't recognize you. Please send me an e-mail if your work gets accepted for publication.
© Copyright 2004 The Critic (thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/875119-Political-Writers-Wanted