*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/878755-Democrats-Need-to-Sort-Priorities
Rated: E · Editorial · Political · #878755
A brief essay concerning the election, specifically Democratic voters.
We are now at a very critical stage in the 2004 presidential election process. What I find so amusing is how the Democrats of this country can unite behind a man such as John Kerry.
Beside the fact that Kerry flip-flops over issues constantly, apparently changing his mind from one day to the next, he has no real plan. He continues to side-step direct questions about what exactly he will do in Iraq if elected, and offers extremely vague answers in an attempt to appeal to the widest range of potential voters possible.
The sad thing is that Democrats are so consumed in their hatred of President Bush that they are content to vote for anyone that opposes him, whether they agree with the opposers' policies or not. It is very similar to the situation during Clinton's re-election campaign in 1996 - many Democrats stated (not publicly) that they were against Bill Clinton and everything he stood for, but they didn't like Bob Dole - so they voted for Clinton.
This is a waste of the democratic rights that we have been given by our forefathers - an absolute waste of the vote. If you're not satisfied by either candidate, then vote for somebody else! Why would you ever vote for someone that contradicts your views, that is unfit to lead the people? People voting for someone entirely because of their political party is absolutely ridiculous, yet it's extremely common today. It's especially confounding when it comes to Democrats, who are so deeply divided on most issues that the voter doesn't even know who he's voting for anymore.
Kerry illustrates this perfectly, and even manages to fool a startling number of people with the way he speaks. He stays as vague as possible, telling you nothing that you don't want to hear.
I recently turned 18, and will be voting for the first time in November. As you probably should have concluded by now, I will vote for Bush. I don't agree with every single thing that he has done, but I do agree with most of his decisions, including the invasion of Iraq. The liberals have said that he's the worst president in history, which is ridiculous. Bush has been, in fact, a very good, very adept leader.
Make sure to vote on November 2.
God Bless America and long live common sense.

+JMJ+
© Copyright 2004 The Nebraskan (mlwminer32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/878755-Democrats-Need-to-Sort-Priorities