*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/881718-An-unreal-form
Rated: E · Prose · Fantasy · #881718
If I could be a character.
I like being in cars with people who don't want to talk to me.
I can put on my headphones and stare out the window, tune everything out, and daydream.

It's a bit strange. While I daydream, I imagine myself being able to contact anything and everything I see.

And the best time of day to dream is when the sun hasn't quite died, and the night isn't awake yet. …This, ladies and gentlemen, is my realm.

I’d live against the background of Twilight. That color between sunset and evening, when the sky glows dimly, is a beautiful shade of light grey and periwinkle. It’s a pale hue, and you have to look closely to see any color.

And in this state, what exactly would I look like?

My image would tend to vary from person to person, but everyone could sense the heaviness in the atmosphere around me.

I'd be able to spring from object to object with the grace of Puck.

My clothes would all be black. My shirt would be weighted, and it would hang on me. My waist would seem pronounced and thin at times, but most of the time my figure wouldn’t stand out. My shirt would have 3/4 length sleeves and I'd have a white lace corset underneath. I'd wear black cargo pants most of the time. If not the pants, I'd wear black leggings and my black skirt which fluctuates in an almost mesmerizing manner. My shirt has to bare my arms. Forearms are the most beautiful human body part.

My legs, arms, upper torso and face would all be the same as they are right now; mostly pale, very smooth, cold. My eyes would be dark, but they’d shine if you looked at them a little too closely.
I wouldn't be wearing much make-up on; perhaps a thin black line above my eyelashes and a deep, purplish-black lipstick.

My hair would be the same color it is now, which is particularly dark in my mind. It would be as scraggly as it is already, but heavier and straighter. It would only blow slightly. It's usually messy and limp, but always covers the sides of my face. Sometimes it would be back in a braid down my spine.

I'd be perching, probably grinning in amusement. If a person were to converse with me, my eyes would become more attentive. If she (or he) were to try and observe my features, I would turn away.
No one would notice my height, because I'd always place myself on top of some fence or chair.

I'd look like a human if you just glanced at me. If you looked closely, you'd be able to see a pair of translucent, black-tipped wings.
© Copyright 2004 Cindy the Ghost (nightspin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/881718-An-unreal-form