*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/882748-not-titled-yet
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Fantasy · #882748
not sure what this is going to be about yet.
         There was no path through the forest. A weary traveler would have found it difficult. Even the strong would determine it a hardship. Brown and green giants stood proud and clouded any chance of light peaking through; nothing could penatrate here. Their places had not changed in thousands of years. This place was as ancient as any place on earth.
         Mists formed around the bases of the Titans providing a blanket of protection. Nothing came here if they did not want it. Although at one point these spirits were powerful, they were not as strong as they had once been. They were the first. They were children of the earth, created in the beginning when the land was formed. And so they are tied to it, for eternity.
         Long eons were spent alone for the mammoths. Ruling the earth as the spirits of the world. Eventually there were others.
         They felt them when they came. They knew them at the instance. There was a prophecy whispered amoung them all: the fortelling that there would be others. When they arrived the spirits accepted them, for they were kin. They too were children of the earth, born out of the soil. So similar and yet so different were these earth spirits. These new beings sensed feelings like their giant cousins, but they were not stationary. They walked on legs which propelled them to which ever direction they wished. They too new magic. It was not ancient kind that the forests held, but a newer magic. One that allowed them special powers and gifts. But there was no jealousy between them. They all found love, comfort and respect with each other.
         They spent millieums speaking with each other. Contentment was theirs. These ancient people danced together in the moonlight. They shared knowledge and wisdom between them. Eventually their populace grew: for the prophecy was not finished. Smaller, lesser fae came. Species of water and land wights came. All seemed to gather in the forests: Faeries, gnomes, and shape shifters. Other creatures that were half beasts and some that could fly also were at this place. Many beings that are still undescribed lived there too. Together they all existed.
         Eventually more of the prophecy was forfilled. Fear struck into the hearts of many. These creatures, whose feelings constited of only great emotion, surely had a reason to be frightened. There had been a great seperation. Light and darkness had become stronger in their differences. The sun shone brighter and warmer, the nights were darker and cooler. Eventually the trees began to die.
         None knew what was happening. Death came, but out of that death, life began. Within a few moons pace life began again and the forests were once again alive. The seasons were discovered. It would be a long time before anything new would venture their way.

         Once again eons passed and the ancients and their kin lived in harmony amongst each other. They adjusted to the seasons and learned of their meaning, all though most did not understand it. Although each was a part of path of life, they were also eternal beings rarely finding disease and death. They could not comprehend the overtones of the seasons and its greater signficance. They did not see its prophecy of those to come next.

         Only the trees had seemed to know the path. Their cousins could not hear it, for they were only bred out of the earth. All that they knew was what the earth had told them. They absorbed only the knowledge from it. Although the titans were but in their enfancy they remembered. They knew what was to come. The word had been spoken long before them, but their birth came soon enough that the wind was still carrying the message of word. They understood the seasons when they had come. They also knew of what had been yet to happen. When the earth shook, the trees began to sleep to awake for the day when they would be needed again. Their cousins thought it was their death.

         



© Copyright 2004 Virtunous (princessnat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/882748-not-titled-yet