*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/884842-A--LOVE-IN-MY-HEART
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #884842
Sometimes we must take Love out of our heart, brush away the cobwebs of memories.
A Love In My Heart


Many years ago there was a man that came into my life. I fell in love with him in a way I never thought possible. I thought of this Love as the "Love of My Life." I walked away from this man, for reasons that are mine, with that Love still in my heart. Through the years it remained in my heart the same. Was it possible for my heart to feel the same for so many years? Was this Love still in my heart because that is where I left it wrapped in memories, so long ago?

I have known other Loves in my heart. Other Loves, that with time, withered and died, leaving crumbled memories behind. I know that not all Love remains in the heart.

Why was this Love still in my heart where I left it so many years ago? It did not go away. Time has not changed it or rearranged it.

Why? Sometimes you have to know why. At one point of my life living was an unsure issue. I felt a need to understand and put closure to different things in my life. This Love was one.

I decided to take this Love out the place in my heart where I had carefully placed it so long ago, wondering what I would find. There it was, the "Love of My Life". Only something was different.

This Love was wrapped in cobwebs of memories and its delicate fabric seemed old and faded. Carefully I took this Love from my heart and tried to brush away the cobwebs of memories. The delicate fabric that was this Love turned to Butterflies of time and flew away, leaving only fragments of this Love behind.

Now, there was room in my heart for a new Love to live and grow.

The one my heart loves now knows him first as a friend, mentor and as a lover. He is always there for me, making things better or making me laugh, filling my heart with love. This new love has taught me what the words "Love Unconditionally" mean. My heart grew a little with this love.

So, I think I finally understand. The heart is only the Keeper of Love, holding Love the way you left it forever. Sometimes we must take Love out of our heart, brush away the cobwebs of memories from its delicate fabric, releasing the Butterflies of time to fly away. Only then is there room for a new Love to have a place in our hearts to live and grow.



Dedicated to Danny Wilson for his Unconditional Love. Thank you Danny, for teaching me this about Love.

Sandy
09/02/2004





























© Copyright 2004 ladyscorpinite (ladyscorpinite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/884842-A--LOVE-IN-MY-HEART