*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/886544-My-Best-Friend
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Column · Experience · #886544
Some things I love about her and one thing I dont.
I'm sure almost anyone could relate to this one. I'm know everybody has to have one. C'mon you know what I'm talking about. That one particular friend who you can call your other half or your sister/brother. Yeah, I'm talking about best friends. So let me tell ya'll about my best friend.

She is a very cool, laid back person. You know the type of person you will wanna be around all the time. She kinda funny too. Her type of sense of humor is like sarcasm. She is someone who you can tell your secrets to and you bet she won't tell anybody, which leads to another thing that I and everybody else loves about her. She is a great person to go to if you need advice. Even if she had'nt experience your situation yet, she will try to imagine or visualize what it will be like and tell you what she would do. Bet, if you do listen to her, her advice do helps and the situation you were going through is much easier and simpler than before.

Another great thing about my best friend is that she.....how would i put this......ummmmm, she wears her emotions on her sleeve and she will tell you how she feels. She kinda outspoken. Her thing is like expressing relieves stressing. She feels if you share your thoughts more, people would see you as a very easy person to talk to.

She is very independent. She likes to do things herself. Very motivated and initivate. Everybody notices it because that's what teachers write on her report cards. She's very determined to. If she wants to get something done, well let me put it like this, she's no procrastinator. One thing that I love most about her, she knows what she wants be. She's 15 and she already knows that she wants to be a journalist. She wants be a columnist for Vibe or well-selled magazine or newspaper. Like c'mon, I don't know what I want to be. I move from occupation to occupation. A dancer, a singer, a lawyer or a teacher. Every year it changes. But, this don't happen to my best friend. She has her mind set on being a journalist and I definitely know nothing or no one could change that.

Another thing that I like about her is she's very different, unique almost. She has this aura about her that makes you want to know more about her. I think that is why I was drawn to talk to her so quickly and becoming one of the most beautiful people I ever met in my life. She's special you know. (I'm getting emotional over here)

But there's just one thing I can't stand about my best friend. She's so moody. You wouldn't want to get on her bad side. Like one minute she could be laughing, cracking jokes with you, and the next, she will be one of the people who you get to see the real side of. What can I say? She lives in the hood, Brooklyn, born and raised, Coney Island to be exact. But she don't act like that on a regular basis. That side of her comes on when she sees something that bothers her or hears somethings she does not like. This is where her outspokenness comes out, but in a much more mean, demanding-"Hey you don't see me talking? Don't talk while I'm talking-" kinda way. And like I just said she does not act like that on regular basis, only when she pissed you can say.

You see my best friend believes the situations you go through and the struggles you overcome make who you are. Not where you come from. Sure you can learn from where you come from,it's make you that much stronger, but it does not make you who you really are.

That is why I could always count on my best friend. I love her so much. The love is unconditional. I'm sure by this point you wanna know who my best friend is. Don't ya? I'm going to tell you. My best friend is ME. I could always count on me, my love for myself is definitely unconditional. I know about my good side and my bad side. I know what makes me and I know what don't make me. Like the subtitle says, there some things I love about me and just that one thing I don't love about me. But have no worries. You know why? Because I'm still finding myself and hopefully I could change that one thing I don't love about me. Feel Me?
© Copyright 2004 bk'spoet (bkcreativegurl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/886544-My-Best-Friend