*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/888328-Blue-Topaz-Rose
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #888328
A Blue Topaz Rose in his dreams; pleading.
Title: Blue Topaz Rose
© 2004 Lisa
// Words: 339

Chapter 1 // Updated: 19/09/2004

“Help me,” the voice whispers softly.

He recognizes her voice from somewhere. “Where are you?”

“Help me,” she pleads again.

“Who are you? Why are you here?” He asks out loud as he walks through the maze of passages.

“Here…over here,” the voice whispers again.

He enters a huge cavern and found a blue topaz gem rose trapped within the clear crystal amber with mist evaporating from it.

“Please help me,” the voice again, and it appears to him, came from the rose itself.

“Is that you calling me?” He asks the rose, feeling.

“Careful…” She whispers even softer. Watching the evaporating mist, he is tempted to reach out and place his hand against it, out of personal curiosity.

Suddenly a growl out of nowhere fills the cavern, causing him to jump back in startled.

“He is here,” her voice whimpers.

“Who’s there?!” His voice fills the air as he tries to be brave.

The cavern’s structure is giving him difficulties in trying to hear where exactly the growl originates.

“Careful!”

A pair of red eyes appears in the darker corner to his right, starring sharply at him, accompany with a sound of harsh breathing. He knows he is in danger if he stays put. He has to get out of there.

But before he could finish thinking, the red eyes leap at him – “AHHH!!”


“Scott! Scott! Wake up!” He can hear the familiar voice next to him as he opens his eyes roughly, letting the bright light in suddenly, almost blinding him. “Scott! Hey! WAKE UP!”

His eyes adjust to the bright light as he quickly recognizes the messy wall in front of him, full of his favorite rock band posters.

“Sheesh Scott, the sun is in the middle of the sky and you’re still sleeping?!” Lectures Hank. Scott looks up at him as he stands next to the bed, looking down at him. “What did you dream about? Are there monsters chasing you?” Hank grins from ear to ear.

“Nah, it was nothing of any sort,” Scott throws his feet on the floor and stretches.

“Aw… my big brother is scare of something big and scary,” teases Hank lastly as he walks out the door, barely missing the flying pillow.

‘Damn! What was that all about? My head must be really mess up or something. A talking flower…heh! Like there is such thing,’ his heart whispers. ‘Why do I keep dreaming of strange things?’



In the dim light of a cavern, sits a young lady wearing a high cut glittering dress on a rock next to a small pond, watching the clear water as her mind just wanders.

“What are you doing here, Alula,” asks her elder sister, Alala, who appears out of nowhere. “You know these areas are off limits for any us.”

“Yes, but it is beautiful and calm here. I don’t really understand why we are prohibited from coming here,” Alula sighs.

“Come before Donavan and father finds you here,” Alala orders. “You know how our brother gets when you get yourself in trouble.”

“I get myself in trouble?!”

“COME!”

Alula stands up with a defeat look tails her sister as they both turn into mists.




“So remind me again how exactly did I get stuck doing this?” Hank complains as he stands at the counter with an apron on as he helps Luna baking her cake, with flour all over both of their faces.

“By losing a stupid bet against Luna. So will I get any reward for reminding you?” Mac, the 10 year old boy answers as he tries dipping his finger in the bowl full of the cake mixture but Hank manage to get it out of his reach. “I believe it is over that wrestling match last week.”

“Beats the time they bet over which direction the flush swirls in the toilet,” cracks up Professor Emil, father of Scott and Hank. “I really don’t get the connection between wrestling and baking though.”

“Was it mud wrestling?” Casey asks as he enters the kitchen.

“It was the match between Y2J and CBL for your information, thank you,” says Luna as she eyes Hank stirring the bowl of mixture in his arm, trying to prevent Mac from getting to it.

“So why exactly does that have to do with a cake?” Casey asks innocently, with a smirk on his face.

“I owe her 5 cooking spree,” says Hank, pursing his lips.

Everybody in the kitchen, with the exception of Luna and Hank, cracks up at the word ‘cooking spree’.

“He has been coming up with a whole bunch of excuses from helping me out but keeps on promising me. It is either that or wears a dress,” says Luna, tapping Mac’s arms.

“Dress huh? I bet you look good in those huge pink poke-a-dots ones,” grins Casey.

“And platforms to go it,” adds Mac.

“With pigtails hair,” continues Casey looking dreamily to tease.

“Yeah, yeah, such wise guys,” sneers Hank, as he pours the cake mixture into the oven tray.

“What do you think Professor?” Casey asks teasingly.

“I don’t know, but I have always dream of having a daughter,” he answers, trying to keep his face straight.

“That’s it!” Hanks yell as he unties the apron’s ties but he stops and reties them when he hears Luna clearing her throat, looking at him with a warning glare.

“Um… Where is Scott?” Mac asks looking around for him.

“He was still in his room when I last see him,” Hank says, smiling apologetically to Luna.

“I was just there and he’s not in there,” says Casey as, he pours himself a warm cup of fresh coffee.
-- To be continue --
© Copyright 2004 Blue Fenix (lisa211 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/888328-Blue-Topaz-Rose