*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892895-You-Might-Be-a-College-Kid-If
by Aradne
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Educational · #892895
Funny(?) anecdotes from college life.
In my freezer there are 5 containers of ice cream. I have 3 roommates. I'm a college kid.
______

Well, my sister bought me a bottle of Hershey's chocolate when I came to college. Told me that it would be great during chocolate cravings.

Well, I had a craving for chocolate, but I had no milk and no money.

I did have bread and peanut butter.

I tell you, the things you invent as a college kid. Who would have thought that a peanut butter and chocolate sandwich would taste so good?
_______

Today I think I had a meal. I know that I had three coffees. I am a college kid.
_______

If you've used an old fabric softener sheet as paper towel, you just might qualify...
_______

If you have your snooze timed, you might be a college kid. (My snooze is 7 minutes long.)
_______

You might be a college kid if you get happier over spending less than $7 on food for a week than you do over getting an 'A' on that Biology test.
_______

You might be a college student if you sleep with earplugs in your ears.
_______

A college student may be guilty of using a credit card to pay for $2 of food.
_______

You might be a college kid if you change the time on your alarm clock more than twice a week.
_______

Ever had the experience where you're calmly headed off to some free-time activity, and the clock tower goes off? I don't know about you, but my feet quicken their pace, thinking that I'm late to class.
_______

You might be a college kid if you rarely need to go farther than a mile from home. Literally.
_______

You might be a college kid if you have slept on the floor more than twice in the last month.
_______

The other day I was considering quitting my job because it's affecting my grades.

Then I realized that I get 3 free meals a week from working where I do, and I get to eat and drink for free while I'm working.

There was no decision to be made at that point.
_______

You might be a college kid if you pay more for books in a semester than you did for your car. It doesn't help that many of us don't have cars.
_______

You might be a college kid if you can get up at 7:49, get dressed and ready, and still make it to an 8 o'clock class four minutes early.
_______

The other day two friends and I went to McDonald's. We had 6 gift certificates for varying amounts of money: we ended up spending 20 cents.
_______

If you take 7 or more books with you anywhere you go, you might be a college kid.
_______

If at the end of the day, you are excited if you have your homework done only for your FIRST class, you might be a college kid.
_______

If you glance out the window and every stationary object has a bike chained to it, you just might be a college kid.
_______

My church sent me a care package about a week ago. I got it, unpacked it, and was generally very happy. It was the best care package I have received.

Well, they sent me Kool-Aid, so I'll tie the next two together:

You might be a college kid if your 'pitcher' is an old apple juice bottle.

And you might be a college kid if you use an old, rolled up assignment to get the sugar and Kool-Aid into that bottle.
_______

You might be a college kid if you read on the bus, in your room, and during breaks in classes.
_______

You might be a college kid if there are an excess of 160 people in the building you are in.
_______

The other night my roomie and I decided that we were hungry. We used my eggs, her milk, and butter borrowed from next door to make scrambled eggs.

I was almost finished eating when I realize that it was 2am.
_______

You might be a college kid if easy cheese and crackers has been your best meal all week.
_______

In our refridgerator, there are 9 different types of alcohol. (None of them are mine)
_______

The other day I made myself a taco with some browned meat that I was trying to use up. It was entirely tasteless.

I went to the food court and stole some mayonaise (it's a machine, and they don't really charge you) to put on my taco.

As gross as that sounds, it still tasted better.
_______

You might be a college kid if you know all the words to frat boy drinking songs, yet you aren't in a frat.
_______

You just might be a college kid if you went to bed at 10:00... This morning.
_______

And you might be a college kid if when someone asks, "Where do you live?" And you answer "East Residence Hall #9" and, "Parma, Michigan."
_______

A great deal of college students see more of the VERY early morning (before bedtime) than they do of the later morning (after they wake up).
_______

Last Friday night I went to bed at 4AM, and then I woke up for a meeting at 7AM. My roommate went to bed at 7AM and woke up to organize a picnic at 9AM.
_______

Today my roommate roasted marshmellows. She used a fork and our electric stove.
_______

You woke up with mysterious black Xs on both of your hands this morning. You're probably a college kid. (An underage one, at that.)
© Copyright 2004 Aradne (ilianna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892895-You-Might-Be-a-College-Kid-If