*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892926-UnOfficial-Christian-Newsletter-92004
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Bulletin · Spiritual · #892926
The UnOfficial Christian Newsletter for September 20, 2004
The following edition was written by tawnycatfl:



** Image ID #879311 Unavailable **



On behalf of the Editorial Team:

armyofnone -Wes
tawnycatfl -Cat
grandmapenny -Penny
WordTeacher -Scott
jmaranez -Jhoanna






And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and
While they are yet speaking, I will hear. Isaiah 65:24



TABLE OF CONTENTS:


1. About this Newsletter
2. Letter from the Editor and Bible Study Combo!
3. Editor's Picks - Links to Check Out!
4. Music, Books, and sites also to check out!
5. Prayer requests!!!!! We are Praying People!!! Amen!



About this Newsletter & Bible Study


We are here to serve God, and serve our Community of Believers. Each of us desire to be instruments of God’s handiwork. We each have something that God has put on our hearts to teach, and preach the Good News of The Gospel! Always lifting Him up. Expect from Him to meet your needs! With His anointing, we pray the Holy Spirit has His way in our lives. He has placed this in my heart to say, that here in this newsletter, there will be no watering down of the Word, or teaching a social gospel. I care nothing for political correctness! I care about scriptural correctness! My pastor says, "God uses many "pots and pans" to feed His sheep!" I am just one more "pot" with a few cracks in me, hopefully... that lets more of His light...shine out.


Letter from the Editor


I'm back! I've missed you all and I've missed being a part of this newsletter. So, onward to the editorial!


“In The Midst of A Hurricane”


Sometimes God lets, or should I say 'allows' you to go through something...terrible. He didn't take you over that situation and He didn't let you go under it... Sometimes...in a situation, the only way out...is through. Now for some of you, this makes absolutely no sense at all. For others...you know exactly what I am talking about.

I will give you an example:

Daniel in the lions den. Remember Daniel was thrown into the den with hungry lions. God did not wire the lions mouths shut or whisk Daniel into another dimension...no. He allowed Daniel to go through something quite terrifying. Think about it. How would you feel as you looked into that den at all those hungry eyes looking back at you...anticipating your descent? I don't know about you, but one word comes to mind...nervous! Really nervous...I'm sure Daniel thought about what would happen once he landed on the floor with lions pouncing to tear him apart. The thoughts of imminent death...It did not happen.
He did not die. God caused the lions to sleep.

Did Daniel know ahead of time that God was going to do this? Nope. Though he prayed to God everyday. I'm sure he was praying to God for strength to face the ordeal ahead of him. He did not know God was going to deliver him from death in a most unusual way. Faith is the key. Faith and prayer. Though you slay me... I will serve you kind of faith. Daniel had it.

Satan had used other people's tongues to ignite a fire to burn Daniel. The King bought the lies and in doing so, entrapped himself into issuing a proclamation which would harm Daniel.

This brings about another scripture; "What Satan set up to do you harm, God set up to do you good."

If you have read the true story of Daniel, than you know the good which came out of that terrible situation. Satan was defeated in his attempt to destroy one of God's people. God intervened in Daniel's behalf...

So lets fast forward to this current time frame in the history of man. Has Satan changed his tactics or his goals? No, of course not. Has God changed in miracles and personal intervention in His relationships with man? No. God is still God...unchangable, solid rock, the same God of Daniel's day, who loves His people. Whom also loves those who do not love Him... or know Him.

Now that's my kind of "God"! He loves. He forgives. He encourages. He lifts us up out of the storm into light. He brings us hope, and the reality of that hope...faith...the substance of things hoped for...the evidence of things to come.

Don't lose your faith in God when bad things happen to good people.

Sometimes storms clear out the debris in our lives that clutter our vision, and what is truly important in our relationships with each other, and with Him. Storms have a way of slowing you down in your busy life of work, going to work in endless traffic jams, hurrying everywhere to pay bills and take your child to the dentist or the doctor, go to band practice, cheerleading practice, get married, get divorced, have babies, and so on.

Storms have a way of throwing curve balls at all your plans, scuttling every one of them to a dead stand still. Key phrase...still Sometimes we have to become...still in order to hear Him, and what He is saying in the situation, that has definitely caught your attention, and brought you to your knees. Sad to say, sometimes it takes a serious storm in your life to get you to pray. It should not be so, but...God knows human nature...

When times are good, maybe...sometimes we forget God, and busy Him out of our lives. Life is good, life is sweet...than bam...something goes haywire... and we remember God. What's wrong with this picture? We need to remember Him in the good times, as well as the bad ones.

We need to be involved with Him in every aspect of our lives...include Him in all aspects of our lives. How can you separate the man from his God? You can't. For what a man believes in his heart, he will act on...walk, talk, do. Clinton was a good example of what a man will do, who is not governed in spirit by God...

Every age has its kingdoms and politics...To quote the Word, "nothing new under the sun..." So let's address something called the separation of church and state...Thomas Paine wrote in his famous letter regarding this issue of separating church and state...to mean, the reigning King should not be able to degree what religion a country should have to be.

It was the people's choice - each individual could choose their spiritual affliliation, in the form of a particular religion or lack of religion. It did not state exclude God out of politics or our right to function spiritually in our politics...

It is a dangerous thing to exclude God out of our politics... Kingdoms have tried this before and many are no longer in existence...A godless man ruling, is a cruel leader, corrupt in all his ways. History has proven this out countless times. God will get a nation's attention very quickly when He is not being heard! How? The elements...

Look in the Bible and in history books...the elements, He speaks through first when he is "visiting judgment on a nation..."

I am paying particular attention to what is happening here in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Missisipi, So. Carolina, and all the way up to the western portion of PA. All these hurricanes leaving a wide path of death and destruction. The Islands hit and devastated by Ivan, Frances, Charlie. Now we have Tropical Storm Jeane and Hurricane Karl, over near Africa to contend with yet. How many more to come? It certainly gives me pause for thought...

If one is not paying spiritual attention, you might just chalk it up to rotten luck! Or Mother Nature's vengence on a roll! Coincidence? I think not...I have to take a long look at what is happening politically here in this nation, that just might have "ticked" God off! Yet...even though God may be dealing with us as a nation by allowing us to go through these terrible storms...I believe He is doing something else as well...something good.

For in the midst of tragedy and hardship, neighbor is helping neighbor. Maybe neighbors that lived beside each other and have never taken the time to get to know the person living so close. People are reaching out to one another to give...to help others who have lost everything. Encouraging one another, giving loving kindness to one another in giving comfort and practical help. People, I am sure, now are praying to God for help.

I do not believe that God has abandoned those struck the hardest by these terrible storms. I believe that through these terrible storms, God is becoming more real to many in daily miracles.

God says, we as believers, have authority over storms, tornados. He also says, "for ignorance my people perish all the day long." Ignorance of God's Word, regarding a matter which could mean life or death to a person or persons. We have more storms coming. As Christians let us pray for all those who have been in the path of these hurricanes, and may yet still suffer from more hurricanes to come. It is my fervent hope that as believers, our prayers are heard, and any future hurricanes, go out to sea and do not harm another soul. We can take authority over those storms and tornados!

I want you to know I have gone through two hurricanes back to back, and suffered minimal damage, while others a street over, lost roofs, garages, homes. I lost six shingles, a downspout off one of my gutters, a small awning off of my guest cottage front door, and some food in my freezer. Nothing more...I also had prayer coverage from many Christians here in Writing.com! Prayer makes a world of difference. I had to go through the storm...The difference...I went through it with God's hand covering us as a family, covering our home...everything! No one can tell me any different! I felt those prayers!

We lacked no good thing...except...electricity and fans...but... it could have been so much worse! He supplied food, laundry detergent, toilet paper, soap, deodorants, shampoo and conditioners etc., when we had no money to buy anything for seven people. He sheltered us in the midst of terrible winds swirling around the city and our home, 12 tornados passing down a street only a few blocks away on one side and three tornados passed by a few blocks on the other side of our home. Not one tornado came near us! Whew!

We watched the strangest light show we have ever seen in our lives. Green and pink lightening. He kept our water clean and uncontaminated, when in different sections of the city, the water became contaminated and had to be boiled. Daily miracles. You bet I know where my help comes from! God!!!

We went through...and were delivered. "Many are the afflictions of the righteous...but...the Lord delivers us out...of all of them." Read First James, the first four paragraphs. Some of you are going through a really bad time, some of you are walking out of a bad time and need refreshing and encouragement.

Hang in there with God...It is my hope that this testimony to God's intervention in my family's behalf, encourages and lifts you up to again hope in the Lord, if your faith is weary. We all get weary when we have been heavily bombarded by floods of situations simultaniously.

Cry out to the Lord to raise up prayer warriors in your behalf! Cry out to God for His help and intervention...I did. He responded! He raised up prayer warriors for prayer and praise coverage! He covered every need...including the emotional ones.

When you are in the height of crisis, fear comes on the scene, anger, panic, anxiety, stress, chaos, especially with seven people, three of those being children, twelve, nine, and eight years old. My grandson, Taylor is multihandicapped. He is ADHD, Bi-Polars, Brain damaged from Meningococus Meningitis at age one, and deaf. He has the mentality of a four year old in a nine years old body. He was terrified. This affected the other two children... and things in the home got very interesting as the winds increased in strength. Panic and anxiety spreads!

You bet I prayed against the spiritual side of fear. Fear is not from God, and is to be actively resisted. I thank God for all those prayers over us, believe me. There are many situations during that time I have left out, God covered, and changed our "environment" spiritually, which changed our response to each particular situation...

God has a most unique way of showing you how very real He is...how very much He loves you, even in the midst of a hurricane. Whatever your hurricane is right now in your life...remember God and pray. He hears. He responds. He acts on that situation. He is just waiting for you to reach out to Him. Do it.

This is written to encourage you, as I have my own hurricanes still, and I need this message...as well. We need each other and we need God. Never let us forget this...

tawnycatfl,
Co-Editor




Editor's Picks!


Links To Check Out!
In this edition, we'll focus on faith and problems, stress, and how others deal with very real issues in their lives at the height of their crisis, and emotions during the event. Be it poetry or story, each lends their own hearts and minds during that time of trial. We all have those tests that Satan, not God, sends...for God tests no man!
There are many items on Writing.com about faith and trials. These are only a few - please take some time to R&R these and to search out other Christian portfolios, who have wonderful pieces that bring encouragement!

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#867333 by Not Available.

A wonderful prayer written by a "mommie to be" taken by surprise on her labour. Stress! I loved this prayer and you will also...I saved this in my favorites to go back to again and again...thank you Jhoanna ...it is super!

Blinded  (E)
Sometimes we are blind because we will not see.
#573807 by Vivian

I loved this poem. Sometimes we are so blinded we do not see what God is saying or doing in our lives. Sometimes we don't want to see...It is those times when Heaven looks really good...This was wonderful Viv!

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#847832 by Not Available.

This poem brought tears to my eyes, for I have walked in those shoes of heartache! Powerful moving poem. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#888974 by Not Available.

I also had to include this one...when you read it...and please do, you will understand! Awesome!!

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#787975 by Not Available.

God has a plan for your life, a plan to prosper you and not to harm you, a plan to give you a hope and a future. God wants to use you to change the world. The Devil will try to stop you from following Jesus, bad things will happen, but having a personal relationship with the God of the Universe makes it all worth it. {These two sentences taken from this story...says it all!) Please read this short true story and visit the site she included...

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#861776 by Not Available.

As a mother my heart leaps with joy at the turn about of this daughter! I have a few family members of my own, whom I am praying for to do the same. There is nothing more agonizing to parents, than watching a child of theirs go down the wrong path. Stress in a different format. Taken from this story this scripture: And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. ~ John 10:28 This item does not allow ratings, I know...but...but...it is a 20! It certainly inspires me, and gives me hope!!!

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#853773 by Not Available.

Negative thoughts and images of the past few months disappeared. A deep and abiding love, the likes of which she'd never known, replaced all doubts. {A line taken from this story to hook you with!) When we have to wait on something special...the devil tries to get too us with negative thoughts and doubts. Here is a precious story of a couple who shared in a miracle...a miracle of...Hope. Something we all need and so appropriately named!
This story is meant to bring some lightness to your heart!

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#849913 by Not Available.

The last line in the story really talked to me---She turned and said, "One foot in front of the other, old girl. Shuffle if you have to, but keep on moving." And that is exactly what you have to do in a tragedy...keep on moving...Even though this story is a fiction, it is very realistic...it happens. No...I won't tell you what it is about...you have to read it. It is the message that counts the most...A message for someone hurting very badly...per Cat
--------------------------------------------------------------------*****
Oh Lord, there are so many wonderful pieces I have read, that I want to include in this newsletter which is growning looooong! But!!! I will get some of these awesome pieces in the next newsletter I do...provided...Scott, or Wes...or Penny...or Jhoanna don't beat me to them first! Shooosh...I'm not telling where they are! lol...I am sooooo mean! This is Cat with a sporty look on her face and giving away NOTHING!

Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 139 4-5
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be night," Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike {to You.}


Music and Books



Got a Christian Artist or CD, or Book that God has used to touch your heart? Why not share it here? Just send the Editorial Team details of your recommendation and a blurb (50 words or less) on how it has blessed you.


Per windac

If you've not read "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren, I highly
reccommend it. I knew from the very first sentence that it was a must read!!!
It has propelled me into a deeper understanding of God, and a wish to know Him
better. So many things Mr. Warren spoke of in this book reached right into my
heart.

Per Zoe
For more information on ATF, go to http://www.aquirethefire.com or watch Ron Luce on TBN at 12:30 on Sunday mornings--mountain time.

I also want to re-include from the last newsletter Jhoanna wrote, these two other recommendations!

Mommy4Life recommends "reading anything by John Townsend and Henry Cloud. These two men have been given such blessed insight into people. They love Christ. They are straight-forward, yet loving. I've been to classes based on their videos and a seminar. It will change your life if you allow it."

Check out the Cloud-Townsend Resources website at http://drhenrycloud.com/ (per Cat: I can vouch for this one as well...I have the book "Boundries" written by Cloud-Townsend and it is wonderful!)

Wanting to expand your Christian Music collection but not sure where to begin? Follow this link to find reviewed Christian Music
http://www.christianmusic.org/cmp/cmrh/

Prayer Requests & Answers

Please do not hesitate to send your prayer requests to the Editorial Team so that it can be included in this Newsletter - we are here to pray for one another! In the same way, please let us know if you believe God has answered prayer requests that you have shared with us - we all can be built up in Christ with your answered prayer!

Currently I have not received any prayer requests! Maybe next time?


Thank you for taking the time to read through another edition of the UCN. We hope that you have been challenged, blessed and inspired! Please do not hesitate to provide feedback or raise questions on the content of this Newsletter.

Unofficial Christian Newsletter Links:
 Application to subscribe to UCN  (E)
If you want to receive the UnOfficial Christian Newsletter, please fill this out.
#542586 by Stallion

For friends who may not know about us or would like to join us in receiving this newsletter!

 Previous Editions of UCN  (E)
Backlogged editions of the UnOfficial Christian Newsletter
#495172 by Stallion


 UnOfficial Christian Newsletter forum  (E)
Now a go-between forum for both UnOfficial Christian Newsletter subscriber groups
#487434 by Stallion



Have a question or comment for the Editor?
Then please contact the Editor of the newsletter for that week!

Do you have an opinion on what you've read here today? Some Topics you would like addressed? Then send the Editors feedback!

A prayer request for the Body Of Christ to intercede for, and put in the newsletter?

Then send this to Wes, Cat, Penny, Scott, or Jhoanna, our newest editor! to be put in the newsletter to get the Body of Christ Cranked Up and On Our Knees! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the UnOfficial Christian Newsletter!

Do you need encouragement? Are you hurting for someone? Going through a trial?

Contact us...we care! Hugs from your sister in Christ, Cat!
© Copyright 2004 Stallion (pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/892926-UnOfficial-Christian-Newsletter-92004