*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/896848-within-a-heartbeat
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Emotional · #896848
this is a sample of the book i am currently writing. the opening sequence
My eyes opened...and my whole image was flooded with a rusty bronze colour that bounced about with me as my head shook to each bump in the road. Looking at the corroded rooftop I recognised were I was, one of the old military vehicles that was stolen for us not long ago, but as I lay there I noticed I could raise my hand and touch the roof of the vehicle, my fingers brushed and accidentally peeled away some of the corroded metal. Smaller parts of it falling onto my forehead and other smaller parts falling in behind my neck making it itch. But my attention was taking bye me being able to scrape the rooftop with my own hand, is this a dream, but before I could even try to calculate what was going on my body encountered what can only be described as a near panic attacked perhaps mixed with wonder and horror. Perhaps, the sudden rush of cold air to my face and jaw made my teeth hurt and the odour that surrounded me brought me flying upwards, my head gritted of the roof I could feel the small rusty jagged crumbs hit me as I groaned and held my head in pain. But the smell came back to me hitting me hard wondering if it was my head being hit or the smell that made my vision blurry. Tears soon followed to my eyes and my hand automatically reached for my mouth. I started to dry heave... my jacket was far to big for me therefore the sleeve covered my hand and the sleeve had blood on it…why…it also smells the same as the odour I’m trying to hide from. I started rushing violently trying to take this large blood rag off and at the same time spitting and choking almost biting my own tongue, the jacket was almost off but was stopped bye my hand touching something that felt like human flesh…cold and bony. For the first time I managed to turn my head round slowly as if this was the last thing I was going to see and wanted to cherish every second. My head finally stopped and my burning eyes met with disgust. another man….a dead man to be precise, his eyes were glazed over his whole face was pale lips were ice blue and his dark black hair was soaked with blood, his body was buried up to his waist and his pose was as if he was trying to reach out for me. Once gain my eyes followed around the whole back of the vehicle. Death and destruction met me…within a heartbeat. From the back doors to each side I was buried in a mountain of decaying flesh. So many people lying here then knowing I was at the top of the pile. My confusion drowned out the smell and vision…well for at least a few seconds, were the hell was I and why. I look around and see the same colour of the coat I was wearing on almost all of the bodies that clog up my eyes. Every emotion and feeling you could name started to rise inside of me making my head spin worse than the fragrance of dead bodies and cold air combined.

just to let all readers know that this is the usual way i write the other 2 peices HOLD THIS HAND and THE BALANCE have been brought forward straight of a journal on the internet there is many mistakes grammer wise and perhaps a few on this one but i like to think my imagination is the strong point and like to capture moments. so for those that read the other 2 stories please note they were made many moons ago and were copy pasted from my journal. quick writing and shortcuts are used a lot when writing a journal you probably know it yourself like the way you talk on msn or in a text message. much respect for listening and giving ratings the book is sounding FANTASTIC should be up for christmas and if anyone wants to know anything more about the book perhaps things like storyline or how its coming along then just message me. thanks a lot and much respect.
© Copyright 2004 white suit heartbeat (escapeplan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/896848-within-a-heartbeat