*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/897091-Angel-Grave
by Fallen
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Ghost · #897091
What it's like to be on the other side.
In the dead of night, the cool breeze blows softly on my face, making my cheeks glow rosy red. The full moon above shining down and giving off just enough light so I can see my way around the crowded cemetery.

I see headstones and tombs with those who have gone before me. Each one has its own story. I cannot hear each one because there are too many and if I listen, I would be there for twenty years and age while listening.I am also too preoccupied with my own thoughts and the reason why I am here.

Besides the old giant weeping willow is a huge tomb. It's cold gray stone with beautiful Celtic symbols and knots engraved on it. On top of the Roman threshold is a statue of a fallen angel. She's kneeling with scars on her body. Clothed in a ripped garment and has wings that contain little feathers and the bare bones are broken. Tears are coming out of her eyes with a face of shame and guilt. Her hair is short and messy and covering most of her right eye.

I step inside where the only light is a small candle on one of the walls above the cherry wooden coffin. I move towards the coffin and place my right hand on top of it. I close my eyes as tears start to run down my cold face. The sadness overcomes me bringing me to my knees just like the angel outside. My tears turn into rain puddles as I start to sob.

Once I have calm down a little, I get up from the stone flooring and walk over to the opposite wall where some words are written. It's the same poem that I have heard before . It reads:
"Feel my pain
Watch it bleed
Down my arm
Mixing with tears
Pouring out for attention
But I am invisible to the world
How much blood do I have to bleed
To be notice as a human
Why can't you treat me
Just like everyone else
Is that too hard
I guess so
Well I'll just
Cut one more time
Let it pour onto the floor
And my body turns white
Then maybe I am human"
- The Fallen One

I turn back to the coffin and close my eyes. I say a silent prayer to the one who occupies the coffin. Then I open my mouth and speak to the one who lays dead.

"I hope you are happy with what you have done to yourself. I'd hope you'd handle things better, but I was wrong. There's no second chance in life." I yelled.

I turned around towards the doorway and made my way towards it. I made my way slowly in fear of what might happen if I just left. Tears still dripping down my face while taking one last look at the coffin.

I walked pass all the other gravesites ignoring the pleads of their occupants who want my ears for listening to their stories and to not leave the cemetery. What they don't know is thatI can't be with my body anymore. I killed myself in an act of cowardness.

© Copyright 2004 Fallen (fallenorra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/897091-Angel-Grave