*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/899289-When-All-is-Well
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Prose · Experience · #899289
That song said, 'Hey you, get offa my cloud!' Indeed, stop trying to control me!
When All is Well
by Marilyn Mackenzie

November, 2003



When I am happy and confident and in control of my life, I am like a rainbow.

I am joyful - fairly jumping for joy - when I am confident and in control and doing what it best for me. I am bathed in shades of reds, and oranges, and yellows.

When all is well in my world, I can grow. My growth is represented by the color green.

When I am on top of the world, I want to share my joy, my strength, with all who come near. But giving of myself that much requires replenishing and renewing. I require time alone in order to be refreshed. Blue represents that solitude I require.

To me, purple is a regal color. Having purple in my world reminds me that God is in control and with me both in joyous times and in trials.

When my life is balanced, my countenance glows with rainbow hues. But when I allow others to control me, to belittle me, or to injure my spirit, the world becomes dark and is colored in shades of gray.

I really must learn to keep my rainbow glowing!




What is significant about this writing? Perhaps that I wrote it in my notebook as I perched on the side of my bed at a shelter for abused women last year about this time. Or that, although I wrote it, I still forget my own wise words. I really must learn not to let others color my world.
© Copyright 2004 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/899289-When-All-is-Well